Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView Server Vs Accesspoint

Hi All,

I am just trying to understand the QlikView architecture in and out. I know that Qlikview publisher's function is to reload and distribute the documents and QlikView server is for reloading the document. But I am not sure what else is the function of QlikView server and also how QV server it different from Access point.

Appreciate the answers!

Thanks,

Neha

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

QlikView Server manages documents, access to those documents, permissions on those documents, licenses and the presentation of documents in the respective clients.

The AccessPoint is a simple web page hosted on a web server (either QVWS or IIS) that shows a list of available documents for a particular user. This list is produced by the QlikView Server. The AccessPoint just displays it. Once you click a document thumbnail, the web server either channels all web traffic from client to Qlikiew Server and vice-versa (AJAX client), or gets out of the way and lets the client connect straight to the QLikView Server (IEPlugin or Desktop client). So the Web Server (AccessPoint) doesn't do much. All the hard work is done by the QlikView Server service.

Best,

Peter

avinashelite

Qlikview server is repository where all your documents , meta data , applications permissions , shared objects etc are store .

Access point is the place where the use can access the QVW ....a kind of web portal

check this document you will get more info