cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView Set expressions and set analysis

First of all thanks for reading,

I'm trying to use set expressions and set analysis but it won't work like I want it to.

So I have a chart which shows the average production over the selected period on the left and the average production over all the data on the left. My data has different stations, look at them as different factories every factory has its own production.

So I want the left bar of the graph to have the average production on the selected period (TimeStamp) and the selected station.

The right bar of the graph should have the average production on the selected station but the selected period removed (so average on all data).

Using no set expressions on the left bar gives what I want on the left bar. I tried using avg({$<TimeStamp= >} production)

But this didn't change anything. Also avg({$} production) and avg({1} production) give the same result. on both $ and 1 it removes all selections.

here's the graph: left is avg(production) right is avg({$<TimeStamp =>} production)

graph.PNG

With these settings, when I change the station only the left bar changes and right one stays the same.

I hope someone can tell me what I could try.

Shane.

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Do you have alternate state in your application by any chance?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I do use Alternate States in my project. Can I not use this? or what should I change?

sunny_talwar

I am thinking that may be your filter on station and chart is in the alternate state? May be try this expression (Remove the $ sign)

Avg({<TimeStamp =>} production)