Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView access point error : "No connection" or "Session lost"

When I try to view QlikView document form access point, sometime it is OK, sometime it prompts error "No connection", sometime it prompts "Session lost". I access the document from localhost in the server machine.

More information:

Server RAM : 32 GB

2 QVW files pre-loaded. one is about 2.x GB while another one is about 3 GB in file size.

After pre-load, it costs around 27 GB RAM

Working set limit : min: 70%, max: 90%

Is the problem of timeout? but it is already pre-loaded and access it from localhost.

Also, there is still free RAM.

Anyone can help? Why this problem happen?

And what is the solution?

One more question, when it prompts "No connection" or "Session lost", any method to make it recover except restarting the qlikview service?

Please help. Thx

1 Reply
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I could think of couple of things.

I would say, have a look at your model once.

Try to optimize it as much as possible. End user applications must be optimized.

If your app is consuming 27 GB with preload option which is more.

Then it could happen that if some users are accessing the application and ram consumption go high and a certain period QlikView becomes unresponsive and you get no connection or session lost message.

In the above case optimize your qvw.

Or there is probability that one single user open many sessions and it  cause in more ram consumption.

In this  case educate your end user to close application by clicking close button located on top right of your access-point when you open your application.

or can use this extension to kill session automatically.

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2853

Hope this helps

Regards

ASHFAQ