Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView how to create time structure with alternatives

Hi everybody,

I would wonder, if this isn't possible in Qlikview. There are a lot of people who for sure faced already to this issue and solved it.

Imagine, we have a pivot table. It is possible to create a time line with alternative states. It would be great to let multiply for each time column all the key figures.

Please, have a look at the following example, maybe you will know the solution.

Target is to show more key figures in different time lines showing deviance at the same time.

Thank you very much in advance for any hints.

Regards

Stan

Nachricht geändert durch Stanislav J%c3%a4ger Timeline almost.qvw is the second version of this ultimate reporting interface. Again special thanks to G-Wassenaar

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

G-Wassenaar,

wow. I'm really impressed how fast and perfect have you answered my question. You are for me already a living legend. Thank you very much

Is it possible to show and hide time structures (if there would be more or user will just active one of them)?

I attached a new file with updated structure.

Btw: do you have any idea, how to restrict a SET analysis in this example?

conditions are customer and variant

and

ignored should be material filter

sum(total {<$(vBonusSplit) ,Material=>} Rebate) ? - but this doesn't work. How to connect such a conditions in a set analysis?

Set Analysis, restriction to ALL, TOTAL, $, {1}

Regards

Stan

Not applicable
Author

Does anybody of you know how to "address" a virtual group with a dynamic formula

$(=(vFeld1))  - this is a modified formula =$(=$Field)

where vFeld1 would be a name of a virutal group.

For me it's working just only as a text for the first dimension included in the virutal group.

Here is an example:

virtual group.JPG.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Just right now my Timeline represents following SET Analysis workaround.

What I do not know is how to let user define his own subtotals (in access point) where the properties settings are locked. And how to address a virtual group without using a workaround.

I would like to elaborate with experts such a small corrections, bugs and fix them in order to keep QlikView number one on the market.

If you will have any comments, questions or improvements, please write it down into the discussion.

Thank you

Regards

Stan