Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView on stationary and laptop?

Hi,

I was wondering if and if so how I can use my QlikView documents on both my stationary and my laptop? I've downloaded the free-version at the moment since I'm a student an an amateur user. I'm currently getting an error telling me that I'm only allowed to open documents that I, myself have created. Is this possible?

Thanks for any answers!

asolsson

4 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

as per my understanding. You havee downloaded qlikview personal edition. which allow you to use it for 30 days

You need a liceence  in order to continue.

Sunil Chauhan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

As far as I know you can use Qlikview free, but like the error is telling you, only documents you created by you (which means on that computer).

Maybe it is an option to re-make your Qlikview document, you can export the script using the Export to script file option, or just copy and past it 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Oh, that's very unfortunate that I can't use it on both of my computers, makes my studying rather difficult.

I've now looked at import/export, but I don't really know how that'd work..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here is an idea you maybe could use to work (legally) around the licence problem.

Add a STORE for all your tables to your loading script. Makes sure those files are saved on a shared location.

Now make a new Qlikview document on your other computer which loads these stores.

Hope it is helpful.

Dennis.

From the help file:

Store

A QVD or a CSV file can be created by a store statement in the script. The statement will create an explicitly named QVD or CSV file. The statement can only export fields from one logical table. The text values are exported to the CSV file in UTF-8 format. A delimiter can be specified, see load. The store statement to a CSV file does not support BIFF export.

store [ *fieldlist  from] table   into filename [ format-spec ];

where:

*fieldlist::= ( * | field ) { , field } ) - A list of the fields to be selected.

Using * selects all fields.

field::= fieldname [ as aliasname ]

format-spec ::= ( ( txt | qvd ) )
The format specification consists of a the text txt for text files, or the text qvd for qvd files. If the format specification is omitted, qvd is assumed.

fieldname is a text that is identical to a field name in the table. (Note that the field name must be enclosed by straight double quotation marks or square brackets if it contains e.g. spaces.)

aliasname is an alternate name for the field to be used in the resulting QVD or CSV file.

table is a script labeled, already loaded table to be used as source for data.

filename is the name of the target file. The interpretation of file name is similar to names in load statements, i.e. the directory statements apply.

Examples:

Store mytable into xyz.qvd (qvd);

Store * from mytable into xyz.qvd;

Store Name, RegNo from mytable into xyz.qvd;

Store Name as a, RegNo as b from mytable into xyz.qvd;

store mytable into myfile.txt (txt);

store * from mytable into myfile.txt (txt);

(The two first examples have identical function.)