Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barakovskikh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview 11.20 SR19 CRITICAL TROUBLE

Hi! Beginning with QV 11.20 SR 16 and upper application confuses fields and data during calculations.

1. Open the application

2. Reload document

3. = Bug (See 1 screnshot in attachment) <- Field 1 = Field 2 & '|' & Field 3

4. Do not close document and reload again (See 2 screnshot in attachment) = all good!

Bug actual for desktop (QV) and server (QVB) load

Spoiler

tmp:
NoConcatenate
LOAD * Inline [
x,y,z
];

Concatenate(tmp)
LOAD
RowNo() as x
,RowNo()*-1 as y
,RowNo() as z
AutoGenerate(100000);

DATA:
NoConcatenate
LOAD
x & '|' & y as KEY,
x,
y,
fabs(z) as z
Resident tmp;

drop Table tmp;

First load after open document

clipboard_image_0.png

Second load after open document

clipboard_image_1.png

Labels (1)
70 Replies
marcus_sommer

Your used approach of pre-loading fields to define their interpretation is not unknown and might be also applied as a more regular feature: https://qlikviewcookbook.com/2016/07/touchless-formatting/.

That's not fixed over several releases could have the reason that it doesn't occur yet or at least not often and probably not reported. The use of such mathematical functions is surely not so rarely that nobody else should had had these issue, too if it would be a general error and therefore I think it's a more specific case.

Because of the fact that's the same of multiple machines hardware-related issues like RAM errors seems to be very unlikely. But I could imagine that's related to your used variables and/or your regional-settings like collation or languages and/or which OS (release) is in use respectively how it was installed and/or which libraries are installed / registered. Especially the last might sound strange but Qlik doesn't develop each function/feature itself else it used for various things already existing libraries (maybe it's here any (timing) conflict with related to the late/early binding of the libraries or any other settings).

- Marcus

barakovskikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

new 2012 r2 clean installed system with US localization on virtual machine and desktop 11.20 SR19 with network disconnected. We have a bug too.

clipboard_image_1.png

marcus_sommer

That's bad and slowly I'm running out of ideas ... I think it's the right time to invite Qlik and some of the more experienced folk here:

Brett Blees

Rob Wunderlich

Stefan Wühl

Maybe they could shed some light o the matter and of course it needs to be checked if it also happens in some of newer releases.

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Alexandr, to Marcus' earlier comment, if you are able to replicate things, you should open a support case with us and attach the sample app to it with the steps for us to replicate the issue, that is going to be the most expedient way to get a resolution on this one.  Doing the above should allow things to move quite quickly, as if we are able to replicate things ourselves, we can then check for existing defect write-ups and if none appear, we can submit a new report to the engineers to review.  I cannot guarantee a fix would be presented in this case though, that is going to be R&Ds decision, just wanted to make that clear here.  I am not much of a developer myself, so I am not exactly following the issue all that well, which is why the support case with an example app will get things moving a lot more quickly here.  Please be sure to reference this Community thread in the case as well, as we can be sure we circle back and leave an update here for everyone as well once we know what is going on with things.  Rob W may have some input, if you want to wait for him to reply, he is a much better developer than am I.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is indeed a strange bug.  I can reproduce on 11.2 SR19 using the OP script.  I don't have anything else to add.

-Rob

marcus_sommer

I could just check this on another machine with QV 12.3 SR1 and everything worked like expected - no issue.

- Marcus

barakovskikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

My Results:

Reload have been tested on QV Server and QV Desktop 

11.20 SR12,SR 15 - Normal

11.20 SR16,17,18,19 - Bug

12.0 initial release - Normal

Spoiler

System for Test 

Server with Windows Server 2012 R2 

Other Server with Windows 2008 R2

VM with Windows Server 2012 R2 (USA LOCAL)

Private PC with Windows 10, Windows 7

marcus_sommer

If I just think again about the case there must be a change between SR15 and SR16. If I now look into the release notes of SR16 there is mentioned that they fixed an issue with the CPUID - from the short-description there and the first google hit (Wikipedia) it might be that it was a disimprovement and it might be related to the issue:

Better handling of CPUID function 0x80000006
Jira issue ID: QVII- 1303

Description: Freezes in QlikView Server and QlikView Desktop occur after the first load statement of all documents. Requires better handling of CPUID function 0x80000006.

QlikView-11-20-Service-Release-16-is-now-available

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPUID

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey guys, just an FYI, I have not forgotten about this, just trying to find the right resource to have a look at things, so we can figure out how to move this one forward, may take a few days, sorry for the delay.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
barakovskikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi! Do you have any new information for us?