cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barakovskikh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview 11.20 SR19 CRITICAL TROUBLE

Hi! Beginning with QV 11.20 SR 16 and upper application confuses fields and data during calculations.

1. Open the application

2. Reload document

3. = Bug (See 1 screnshot in attachment) <- Field 1 = Field 2 & '|' & Field 3

4. Do not close document and reload again (See 2 screnshot in attachment) = all good!

Bug actual for desktop (QV) and server (QVB) load

Spoiler

tmp:
NoConcatenate
LOAD * Inline [
x,y,z
];

Concatenate(tmp)
LOAD
RowNo() as x
,RowNo()*-1 as y
,RowNo() as z
AutoGenerate(100000);

DATA:
NoConcatenate
LOAD
x & '|' & y as KEY,
x,
y,
fabs(z) as z
Resident tmp;

drop Table tmp;

First load after open document

clipboard_image_0.png

Second load after open document

clipboard_image_1.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I am sorry to report that a decision has been made to not do a fix in the 11.20 track, here is the Article link explaining things, but I am sorry I was not able to get you a patch so you could get higher than SR16.

QlikView Intermittent Concatenated Values During Reloads 

I am going to mark this as the solution of this thread after posting it.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

70 Replies
barakovskikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

UPD: If you insert such code at the beginning of the script, all of the following code will be considered correct. I.e. failure likely goes to 1 of the computation, fabs,sign and other.

Spoiler

FIX:
NOCONCATENATE
LOAD
FABS(ROWNO()) AS Z
AUTOGENERATE(1);

DROP TABLE FIX;

Leshiy_Prophet
Contributor
Contributor

I confirm. We also reproduce the problem.

barakovskikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

UPD:

First load

clipboard_image_0.png

Second load 

clipboard_image_1.png

marcus_sommer

With 11.2 SR12 I could not find any issue by this example ...

- Marcus

barakovskikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi! This bug starts with 11.20 SR16 and above i.e. SR16, 17, 18, 19

You can install desktop any of 11.20 sr16-19 and check the example.

marcus_sommer

11.2 is (nearly) out of support. Therefore it would be more interesting - does it exists within the QV 12 releases, too?

- Marcus

barakovskikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Qv.12.40 does not have this bug.

But us interested in 11.20 on latest SR because transition on QV 12 for us will not soon.

The transition to version 12 is more difficult than updating SR within one version.

marcus_sommer

Please open for it a support-request. Even if they couldn't comprehend the issue or deciding not to develop a regular or custom bug-fix they might be able to give hints to bypass it.

Personally I would assume that such an issue should occur more randomly and not by the first load and after a second load everything is working again. Therefore it could be useful to wrap it in a loop to repeat it n times and checking each time the results with noofrows(), fieldvaluecount() and so on. Further would be interesting what would be stored in a qvd - right/wrong data - and how did it change if you load your final data from a qvd (maybe this is already a practically bypass).

- Marcus

barakovskikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

1.Saving\Load DATA in\from QVD gives wrond data too. Bug not only for inline load

2. If before this script insert here is this for example, then bug, too, is missing.

(For a workaround, we can use include (..) with this script)

FIX:
NOCONCATENATE
LOAD
FABS(ROWNO()) AS Z
AUTOGENERATE(1);

DROP TABLE FIX;

3. The error occurs only when mathematical functions such as fabs, sign, and others are used in the script.

Therefore, the script above uses fabs to fix the problem in the script below.

The loop also solves the problem, because only at the first collision with mathematical functions the data breaks the integrity

So! The problem occurs only at the first operation in the script using mathematical functions and only at the first update of the application.

4. The NoOfRows function always gives the correct result, but Field Value Count in KEY gives less for first pass

5. Bug repeated on several PCs, It's more like mysticism. More I do not understand how after the bug it is not fixed for the next 3 SR