Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Financial periods (MTD, YTD, LMTD, LYYTD)

Hi All,

I am really new to qlikview application and have worked with some basic reports so far , but now am trying to work with some advanced financial reporting where are i would like to get real time figures for P&L reports for high level analysis.

REQUIREMENTS:

FILTERS               

FINANCIAL YEAR        (FY2012 , FY 2013 , .....................n)     

FINANCIAL MONTH       (01 JUL , 02 AUG ...................... 12  JUNE) 

BUSINESS UNITS         (X, Y , Z )   

PROFIT & LOSSMTH(Month to Date) YTD(Year to Date) LYMTD(Last Year Month to Date)LYYTD(Last Year Year to Date)
REVENUE

DIRECT COST

OTHER

...........(n)

I would like to achieve that is the user selects FY2013 and Month as 09 MAR then system should evaluate the month to date , year to date , Last Year Month to date and Last Year Year to Date values.

Have tried various options like creating a master calendar and linking it to the filter to achieve the results ,did get a chance to work with some usefull set analysis examples published earlier in this community forum but i am only upto a stage where i can evaluate MTD and YTD results but don't get other two.

My dataset is coming from a GL Register table where all transactions are stored on a date by date basis

Any of your guidance will be much appreicated.

Thanks

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can use this thread as reference http://community.qlik.com/message/353469 or this http://community.qlik.com/message/353416?tstart=0

Regards,

Janzen

Not applicable
Author

Hi Janzen,

Thanks for you advise but I have tried to implement those earlier but it didn't work out.

Cheers

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Could you attach an example of your report?

Regards,

Janzen

Not applicable
Author

refer this

Not applicable
Author

Hi Janzen,

Thanks for helping me out , have attached the copy.

Cheers

yakir_manor
Contributor III
Contributor III

i resolved it in a nicer way, i wanted to add a dimension called period so i can select or deselect it, that way i can use it in bookmarks, you can see my implementation, i wanted:

7 last days - 1w.

last month - 1m - 30 days.

last year - 365 days back.

you can see my solution in the attached file, you can add more periods or change the calender the same way that was suggested here.

enjoy!

raajaswin
Creator III
Creator III

Hi all,

I too have the same issue.. i need a structure like belowdd.PNG

raajaswin
Creator III
Creator III

Hi sri,

I have tried in in this way. It worked fine. see the qvw attached..