Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AB108
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview: Negative values in Straight and Pivot table not totaling up

Hi,

I have an expression in a straight table

=Sum({$<Date={"<=$(vInputDate)"},CLEAR_DATE={0,">$(vInputDate)"}>} Value_$(vAB))

There are positive and negative values in this column.

I am trying to make two columns separating the positive and negative values.

The column with positive values are working perfectly but the one with neg values is not totaling, shows 0 for totals.

The same issue when i try separate Pivot tables for positive and neg.

Expressions I use for two columns:

Positive:

If(Sum({$<Date={"<=$(vInputDate)"},CLEAR_DATE={0,">$(vInputDate)"}>} Value_$(vAB))>0,

Sum({$<Date={"<=$(vInputDate)"},CLEAR_DATE={0,">$(vInputDate)"}>} Value_$(vAB)),0)

Negative:

If(Sum({$<Date={"<=$(vInputDate)"},CLEAR_DATE={0,">$(vInputDate)"}>} Value_$(vAB))<0,

Sum({$<Date={"<=$(vInputDate)"},CLEAR_DATE={0,">$(vInputDate)"}>} Value_$(vAB)),0)

I have already tried to make neg output as positive but no luck.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AB108
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Using Aggr with the all the dimensions worked. I expected Qlik to internally group by the dimensions in St/Pivot tables but somehow it isnt working for subtotals/totals.

Positive:

Sum (
If (
Aggr(Sum({$<Date={"<=$(vInputDate)"},CLEAR_DATE={0,">$(vInputDate)"}>} Value_$(vAB)) , Dim1,Dim2)>0,
Aggr(Sum({$<Date={"<=$(vInputDate)"},CLEAR_DATE={0,">$(vInputDate)"}>} Value_$(vAB)) , Dim1,Dim2)
, 0))

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

perhaps this

If(Sum({$<Date={"<=$(vInputDate)"},CLEAR_DATE={"0>$(vInputDate)"}>} Value_$(vAB))<0,

Sum({$<Date={"<=$(vInputDate)"},CLEAR_DATE={"0>$(vInputDate)"}>} Value_$(vAB)),0)

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

@AB108 Did it solve your problem?

AB108
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Using Aggr with the all the dimensions worked. I expected Qlik to internally group by the dimensions in St/Pivot tables but somehow it isnt working for subtotals/totals.

Positive:

Sum (
If (
Aggr(Sum({$<Date={"<=$(vInputDate)"},CLEAR_DATE={0,">$(vInputDate)"}>} Value_$(vAB)) , Dim1,Dim2)>0,
Aggr(Sum({$<Date={"<=$(vInputDate)"},CLEAR_DATE={0,">$(vInputDate)"}>} Value_$(vAB)) , Dim1,Dim2)
, 0))