Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Port number

Hi All

Can anyone help me?

I need to know the port number qlikview uses when starting a connection to a data source.

The issue we are having is that we cannot connect to a SQL 2008 database due to the firewall. We have opened up port 1433 and 1434. This has enabled the SQL server that is on the same server to connect to the SQL database.

I believe the issue is that qlikview is using another port which is blocked to start the connection.

Thanks for your help

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

what does your connect string look like? Specifying the IP address is useful as you dont have to open up other ports for a dns lookup. Are you using just the IP, or machine name?

Not applicable
Author

The network is very restricted so we have to use the ip address of the router and the firewall will redirect all traffic to the SQL server. That is why i need to know the port number.

We had trouble connecting to I installed a trial version of SQL and now we can connect SQL once we had opened the 1433 and 1434 ports but qlikview still does not connect.

Not applicable
Author

We have been running some further test using netstat -an

The ip address that we are trying to connect to does appear followed by the following port number 445 and 139

Can anyone confirm that these are the port numbers that qlikview is using.

Not applicable
Author

Create an ODBC connection in the ODBC administrator. Then you use that in QlikView when connecting to your database. You have to specify ODBC not OLEDB when connecting.

QlikView will then use port 1433 (default for SQL server) to fetch data.