Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oanalung
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview groups by

Hi, 

I am loading data from a table, using ID as unique identifier. 

If I build a pivot table with all  the columns from my source but not including [ID]  all my data is grouped by all the other columns, so in the end I get less rows than the real number just because I don't have [ID] as a column in my pivot table. 

However, I want to see all rows (even if the data is the same in all the other columns), so I would like to avoid Qlikview aggregating my data. 

I don't have any calculations in my pivot table, I just want to show all rows without having to include [ID] in my table.

Thank you

Labels (3)
3 Replies
marcus_sommer

Instead of this ID you may create another one with recno() or rowno() within the script and use them within the table.

- Marcus

oanalung
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

there is no other way to enable the table to show me all duplicates without having to add another field? I really need to keep the table as it is 

marcus_sommer

No, there is no other way to display all records respectively combinations of field-values. This behaviour was intentionally designed within the Qlik architecture and is one of the key-features - means not storing each field-value of each record like a database or like it happens within a csv else only distinct field-values are stored. This lead to the effect that each object showed only distinct records / field-value combinations. It's really a benefit.

If including of such an ID is really a big problem you may include these information within another extra field, for example with something like:

date(Date + rowno() / 10000000) as DateSpecial

This date is now of course not a real date anymore else a timestamp but it will be further displayed within the table as date. By exporting this table to Excel or a csv it could cause trouble - but this depends on the exact scenario.

- Marcus