Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oanalung
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview groups by

Hi, 

I am loading data from a table, using ID as unique identifier. 

If I build a pivot table with all  the columns from my source but not including [ID]  all my data is grouped by all the other columns, so in the end I get less rows than the real number just because I don't have [ID] as a column in my pivot table. 

However, I want to see all rows (even if the data is the same in all the other columns), so I would like to avoid Qlikview aggregating my data. 

I don't have any calculations in my pivot table, I just want to show all rows without having to include [ID] in my table.

Thank you

Labels (3)
3 Replies
marcus_sommer

Instead of this ID you may create another one with recno() or rowno() within the script and use them within the table.

- Marcus

oanalung
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

there is no other way to enable the table to show me all duplicates without having to add another field? I really need to keep the table as it is 

marcus_sommer

No, there is no other way to display all records respectively combinations of field-values. This behaviour was intentionally designed within the Qlik architecture and is one of the key-features - means not storing each field-value of each record like a database or like it happens within a csv else only distinct field-values are stored. This lead to the effect that each object showed only distinct records / field-value combinations. It's really a benefit.

If including of such an ID is really a big problem you may include these information within another extra field, for example with something like:

date(Date + rowno() / 10000000) as DateSpecial

This date is now of course not a real date anymore else a timestamp but it will be further displayed within the table as date. By exporting this table to Excel or a csv it could cause trouble - but this depends on the exact scenario.

- Marcus