Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwhanand
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview how to use alternate state in variable

Hi all,

I have a dashboard with three sheets, the user asked selection of same dimension in one sheet should not affect other two sheets.

So i created three alternate state name from document properties and applied for each of the sheets.
Now i have a date range text box (action->select in field-> for a date dimension field) with logic as

= '>=$(=date($(vStartDateNxtAD))) <=$(=date($(vEndDateNxtAD)))'  Note: i used two calendar objects and stored the value in variables

This logic worked before applying the alternate state. But after applying it stopped working i.e the charts and other associated object values in that particular sheet is not changing

The dashboard is in prod. Expecting a quikc answer.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dwhanand
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi All,

Finally the search range worked. I didnt configure the alternate state for each of the text box action triggers. After setting the alternate state it worked.

Thank you..

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

dwhanand
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for your quick response. I tried using the variable as per the thread link

All the objects of my third dashboard sheet been changed to alternate state 'AccountDetail'

and changed the text box search logic as

= '>=$(=date($(vStartDateNxtAD('AccountDetail')))) <=$(=date($(vEndDateNxtAD('AccountDetail'))))' 

Still the values are not getting changed for the date dimension (Action_due_date)

dwhanand
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi All,

Finally the search range worked. I didnt configure the alternate state for each of the text box action triggers. After setting the alternate state it worked.

Thank you..