Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview leading zeros

Lately i'am working a lot with Qlikview and more i know more i think i can't do without struggling with the program and some unforgivable bugs (In the reports exists a lot of them).

One of my problems right now is Qlikview is loading all the contents but for no reason is merging a id (I've used the text() function)  with leading zeros with another with only numbers (i've used the text() function) as a example "00003755" with "3755"

I've attached the QVW, QVD and the same data from QVD exported to a CSV, you can open the csv with notepad and search for "3755" and "00003755" and see they exist and they're different ids. (Don't open with excel, because excel removes the leading zeros)

The total of the Rows Loaded are 29884 and it matches from the SQL db, but the in the PlantId are only displayed 29399.

Another problem is with the left join, the left join seems to assume the same behavior merging 00003755 with 3755 even if they're loaded as text()

3 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

It seems working fine.

Look at the attached application and image.

I have value 00003755, which is displaying as it is its not converted to 3755

Secondly there is no issue even in your row count

you used

GetPossibleCount(PlantId) Which returned 29399

Defination:

getpossiblecount (FieldName)

Returns the current number of possible values in a field.

Use below will give your correct count

count(PlantId) will return 29884

I believe earlier you had corrupted file, Its work fine now.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

But Ashfaq and the PlantId 3755 where is? That's the problem, you're right I've made a mistake in the getPossibleCount!

If you search for 3755 which is different from 00003755  Qlikview doesn't find it

If you open the CSV file you will see 2 distincts ids:

Line 8197: "00003755","COMERCIAL DE ESTIVAS REGO LT","False","True","False","False","AV DOS OITIS
Line 12996: "3755","VSI ESPANA SL Pol. Ind. Les Comes","False","True","False","False","C/ Franca 15.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello All,

I think you should do something like this after loading the data,

Load  *,Text(ID) as new_id;

I found one link which may be helpful for you

Leading zeros | Qlik Community