Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview publisher and QEMC

Hello,

Can some one tell me the exact difference between qlikview publisher and QEMC. I read the below post and feel that QEMC is same as publisher.

Qlikview management console:

will be used to configure, control and monitor all QlikView Servers and services in the QlikView cluster.

Qlikview publisher:

Centralized, effective, and secure administration of QlikView applications, reports, and associated data

Ability to publish subsets of QlikView applications to a QlikView Server or to end users based on individual needs and access rights

Full control over time and frequency of data reload and application distribution

Enterprise-wide report distribution in PDF format

Thank you !!

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Well, it's not the same.

QlikView publisher is used as described above, and the QMC (QEMC is an outdated variant of the qlikview management console) is used to all servers and services (there are some more, e.g. directory connectors, accesspoint configuration etc.)

QMC is used for service management in all setups, with or without publisher (without publisher offering a then limited functionality of course).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

QMC is a management application that together with the QMS (service) manages almost everything there is to manage in a QlikView environment. The main responsibility of this combo is to provide access to configuration files, create and edit task definitions, and communicate with all QlikView services in order to provide status information.

The QDS (QlikView Distribution Service aka "The Publisher") actually does something with those tasks. It is a black box engine that contains a scheduler to trigger the execution of jobs in the background. The publisher has no User Interface.

Note that every QlikView version has a QDS, even those without a Publisher license. Without a publisher license, the QDS is limited to executing reload tasks in a simple schedule. In that case, the QMC displays a very simple configuration page for reloads.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Swuehl,

Could you please let me know if I am correct with my understanding

QEMC will be used to configure, control and monitor all QlikView Servers and services in the QlikView cluster.

Publisher is somethings which add extra benifits like publishing the qv documents in variety of ways.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Could you please let me know if I am correct with my understanding

QEMC will be used to configure, control and monitor all QlikView Servers and services in the QlikView cluster.

Publisher is somethings which add extra benifits like publishing the qv documents in variety of ways on the top of QEMC.

Thanks

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Two small corrections below, but you get the general idea.

• QEMC doesn't exist anymore. The QEMC dates from before QV10. There were two Management Consoles back then, (fortunately) they have been merged into the single QlikView Management Console.

• The Publisher (= a marketing term) considerably extends the standard publication features already present in a QlikView Server. But the publisher is not directly related or on the same level or of the same type as the QMC. The QlikView Distribution Service is an integral part of the QlikVie service set, whether you have a publisher license or not.

Best,

Peter