Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

RE:How to Do Productivity?

hi all,

i have fields lik

t_idt_desct_hrs
47Onst/Offshr5

Test - Exe - ST

47  Test-Des-ST

47Onst/Offshre 5
47Non-RT6

1)where  ST  and RT    are the string values.

and in ST  design  is there and too RT also hvng design

i need to caluclate

Effort spent in days?     how to do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I'm sincerely sorry, but I do not understand your requirement. If you want calculations to be done in a pivot table (as shown in your screenshot), then the simple Sum(t_hrs)/24 will do. It's only a matter of choosing/generating the correct dimensions.

Alterantively, you can create two expressions (call them 'ST' and 'RT') and embed the required process in set analysis as others have shown before:

= Sum({<t_descr = {'Test-Des-ST'}>} t_hrs)/24

and

= Sum({<t_descr = {'Test-Des-RT'}>} t_hrs)/24

Note: these expression will be applied on all rows and won't allow changing process phases via set analysis (as your metrics dimension seems to imply). You'll have to use a nested IF expression instead.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not sure I understand what your expected output is

Anonymous
Not applicable

Effort for what? Designing? Execution?

If it is for designing then try like this:

=sum({<t_desc={'*des*'}>} t_hrs)/24  which would give you number of days for designing

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You didn't specify over which dimensions this calculation should be performed, so this will probably do:

=Sum(t_hrs)/24

If not, please specify which dimensions you want to use (in for example a straight table) or post a screenshot of the desired object. You can simulate your object in Excel.

Best,

Peter

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

yes i want to caluculate..

for design design.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try these expression:

I am assuming mentioned format by you

SIT:

=sum({<t_desc={'*design*SIT'}>} t_hrs)/24

RT:

=sum({<t_desc={'*design*RT'}>} t_hrs)/24

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I'm sincerely sorry, but I do not understand your requirement. If you want calculations to be done in a pivot table (as shown in your screenshot), then the simple Sum(t_hrs)/24 will do. It's only a matter of choosing/generating the correct dimensions.

Alterantively, you can create two expressions (call them 'ST' and 'RT') and embed the required process in set analysis as others have shown before:

= Sum({<t_descr = {'Test-Des-ST'}>} t_hrs)/24

and

= Sum({<t_descr = {'Test-Des-RT'}>} t_hrs)/24

Note: these expression will be applied on all rows and won't allow changing process phases via set analysis (as your metrics dimension seems to imply). You'll have to use a nested IF expression instead.

Best,

Peter

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

sry peter...

as that is testting metrics in Text object...