Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

RE:How to Do Productivity?

hi all,

i have fields lik

t_idt_desct_hrs
47Onst/Offshr5

Test - Exe - ST

47  Test-Des-ST

47Onst/Offshre 5
47Non-RT6

1)where  ST  and RT    are the string values.

and in ST  design  is there and too RT also hvng design

i need to caluclate

Effort spent in days?     how to do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I'm sincerely sorry, but I do not understand your requirement. If you want calculations to be done in a pivot table (as shown in your screenshot), then the simple Sum(t_hrs)/24 will do. It's only a matter of choosing/generating the correct dimensions.

Alterantively, you can create two expressions (call them 'ST' and 'RT') and embed the required process in set analysis as others have shown before:

= Sum({<t_descr = {'Test-Des-ST'}>} t_hrs)/24

and

= Sum({<t_descr = {'Test-Des-RT'}>} t_hrs)/24

Note: these expression will be applied on all rows and won't allow changing process phases via set analysis (as your metrics dimension seems to imply). You'll have to use a nested IF expression instead.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not sure I understand what your expected output is

Anonymous
Not applicable

Effort for what? Designing? Execution?

If it is for designing then try like this:

=sum({<t_desc={'*des*'}>} t_hrs)/24  which would give you number of days for designing

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You didn't specify over which dimensions this calculation should be performed, so this will probably do:

=Sum(t_hrs)/24

If not, please specify which dimensions you want to use (in for example a straight table) or post a screenshot of the desired object. You can simulate your object in Excel.

Best,

Peter

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

yes i want to caluculate..

for design design.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try these expression:

I am assuming mentioned format by you

SIT:

=sum({<t_desc={'*design*SIT'}>} t_hrs)/24

RT:

=sum({<t_desc={'*design*RT'}>} t_hrs)/24

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I'm sincerely sorry, but I do not understand your requirement. If you want calculations to be done in a pivot table (as shown in your screenshot), then the simple Sum(t_hrs)/24 will do. It's only a matter of choosing/generating the correct dimensions.

Alterantively, you can create two expressions (call them 'ST' and 'RT') and embed the required process in set analysis as others have shown before:

= Sum({<t_descr = {'Test-Des-ST'}>} t_hrs)/24

and

= Sum({<t_descr = {'Test-Des-RT'}>} t_hrs)/24

Note: these expression will be applied on all rows and won't allow changing process phases via set analysis (as your metrics dimension seems to imply). You'll have to use a nested IF expression instead.

Best,

Peter

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

sry peter...

as that is testting metrics in Text object...