Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wandapec
Partner - Contributor III

RESIDENT Load not working

Hi Everyone,

I am at my wits end and have no idea what is going on. For some reason RESIDENT load of a previously loaded table is not working in my Qlikview. I have uninstalled and installed the latest version and still the same! It doesn't work in a new QVW or old... Here is a really simple script that didn't work. Is there a setting somewhere that I might have changed? For some reason Qlikview seems to load the data from the Temp table back into itself? Please help?

DataTemp:

LOAD * INLINE [

Name,Place,Age

Steve, Here, 23

Mike, There, 34

Alan, Here, 45

Gordon, Here, 56

Richard, There, 34

Jandre, Where, 56

];

People:

LOAD Name,Place,Age

RESIDENT DataTemp;

Drop table DataTemp;

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Steve,

this is a classic case of automatic CONCATENATION. Since your second load consists of exactly the same fields as the first, QlkView automatically concatenates the data into the first table. After the second load, you are left with 12 rows in DataTemp and no "People". Then you drop DataTemp, and you are left with nothing.

To prevent automatic concatenation, use keyword NOCONCATENATE in front of the load:

NOCONCATENATE LOAD * RESIDENT Tab1;

cheers,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

This work fine for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DataTemp:

LOAD * INLINE [

Name,Place,Age

Steve, Here, 23

Mike, There, 34

Alan, Here, 45

Gordon, Here, 56

Richard, There, 34

Jandre, Where, 56

];

People:

LOAD Name as T_Name,Place as T_Place,Age as T_Age

RESIDENT DataTemp;

Drop table DataTemp;

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Steve,

this is a classic case of automatic CONCATENATION. Since your second load consists of exactly the same fields as the first, QlkView automatically concatenates the data into the first table. After the second load, you are left with 12 rows in DataTemp and no "People". Then you drop DataTemp, and you are left with nothing.

To prevent automatic concatenation, use keyword NOCONCATENATE in front of the load:

NOCONCATENATE LOAD * RESIDENT Tab1;

cheers,

wandapec
Author

Thanks for your help guys. Funny, I have been working on Qlikview for 4 years now and have never come across that problem.

Anyway, thanks again.

Steve