Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThatOneBusinessAnlyst
Contributor
Contributor

RangeMin and RangeMax of the highest or lowest per Period

Hello there,

To control the axis of my line and my bars in a combo-chart, i am trying to bind both to same the axis of the combochart (so everybody looks at the same truth). I found that i can change the axis of the measure of my line in the y-axis min/max.

By using a RangeMin() and RangeMax() it almost gives me the desired result., but it gives me the rangeMin(), RangeMax() of the totals as they are, and i am looking for the ranges period (Month to be precise), or at least the Max Sum range a month can have.

the expression i have as is are like this:
=RangeMin(
-Sum({<[ColumnA] ={'FilterA'},[Year]={$(vCurrentYear)}, [TypeB]={'FilterB'}>}[#Amount])
)
=RangeMax(
-Sum({<[ColumnC] ={'FilterC'},[l Year]={$(vCurrentYear)}, [TypeD]={'FilterD'}>}[#Amount])
)

Does anybody a similar problemn?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Try it with:

=Min(aggr(
-Sum({<[ColumnA] ={'FilterA'},[Year]={$(vCurrentYear)}, [TypeB]={'FilterB'}>}[#Amount])
,Month))

You may also need to place the condition within the outer aggregation. Further helpful is often to calculate any attributes/properties before within a table-chart and/or a text-box because it's easier to find the right syntax and logic. If it's worked like expected it's just a copy & paste job.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

Try it with:

=Min(aggr(
,Month))

You may also need to place the condition within the outer aggregation. Further helpful is often to calculate any attributes/properties before within a table-chart and/or a text-box because it's easier to find the right syntax and logic. If it's worked like expected it's just a copy & paste job.