Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rank Help

Afternoon folks,

I have the below table in my Qlikview app, and I am trying to add a Rank Column to the far left of it. How do I write a rank expression for this table that ranks the data by the success % (high to low), then by # of docs (again high to low) and then by Site Code (A-Z) so that I achieve the visible ranking in the ranking column below:

RankSite CodeSite Name# of DocsFailureSuccessOtherTotalSuccess %
1BB10580105711058100.00%
2JJ1360404100.00%
3CC94026883391297.14%
4AA7097326596225631394.82%
5GG37126142317184.52%
6FF38137201824684.45%
7EE57850188023878.99%
8DD74351189324378.75%
9HH1790000-
10II17200000-

I have googled how to do this but can't actually find the method I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Gareth

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Not sure Gareth.... very difficult to say without having a look my friend

You can check the expression we are ranking and try to adjust the weights

RangeSum(

([Success]

/

([Success] + [Failure]))*100000,

Total/1E5,

-Rank(TOTAL [Site Code]/1E10))

Make sure you see this with a lot of 0s after decimal point. Something like this

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Wich expression is "Success %" ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Success % is "Success / (Success + Failure)"

Thanks

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a qvw sample to look at this?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

and "Success" and "Failure"?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

QVW Sample attached.

Thanks,

Gareth

sunny_talwar

May be this

Rank(TOTAL

RangeSum(

[Success]

/

([Success] + [Failure]),

[# of Docs]/1E5))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny,

Almost there with!

When I amend the expression to suit my business' real life app, I'm getting a few anomalies as you will see from the attached Excel file.

Firstly, Rank 1 shouldn't be NMO, but ESX.

Also, where there are sites with the same score and number of docs, they aren't being given an individual ranking (which is what I was trying to get using the sort by name as the third sort criteria).

The expression I'm using is

Rank(TOTAL

RangeSum(

Count({<[FTMR_P2P_KPI]={"Success"},[Purchase Order Document Type - Code]-={''} >} Distinct [Invoice Number])

/

(Count({<[FTMR_P2P_KPI]={"Success"},[Purchase Order Document Type - Code]-={''} >} Distinct [Invoice Number]) + Count({<[FTMR_P2P_KPI]={"Failure"},[Purchase Order Document Type - Code]-={''} >} Distinct [Invoice Number])),

Count({<[FTMR_P2P_KPI]={"Failure","Success"},[Purchase Order Document Type - Code]-={''} >} Distinct [Invoice Number])/1E5))

Any ideas?

Many thanks again.

Gareth

sunny_talwar

Try this

Rank(TOTAL

RangeSum(

Count({<[FTMR_P2P_KPI]={"Success"},[Purchase Order Document Type - Code]-={''} >} Distinct [Invoice Number])

/

(Count({<[FTMR_P2P_KPI]={"Success"},[Purchase Order Document Type - Code]-={''} >} Distinct [Invoice Number]) + Count({<[FTMR_P2P_KPI]={"Failure"},[Purchase Order Document Type - Code]-={''} >} Distinct [Invoice Number])),

Count({<[FTMR_P2P_KPI]={"Failure","Success"},[Purchase Order Document Type - Code]-={''} >} Distinct [Invoice Number])/1E8,

-Rank(TOTAL [Site Code])/1E10))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So close.

The sorting on the score is correct now, it's just some of the ranking is showing as a 7-11 where the scores are the same. Is there anyway of splitting this down to 7, 8, 9, 10, 11?

Thanks,

Gareth