Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Read List Box value

Dear QV Expert,

I have a list box with 9 different values. How can i read value from the list box and run my SQL script with selected value  and show value in Table box.

Regards,

Masba

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

You can use variable to store the statement that you want to use in the script. You have to set it up with a trigger otherwise the entire expression is stored. See the example.

You can consider to use "partial reload" to replace the SQL table only if it's possible instead of realoading full data model.

Look at qlikview help.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

You can use either direct discovery or run it with the macro.

But why do you need to run sql script ?

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Using macro could be a posibility

what do you want? insert in sql or create the sentence?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

My requirement is that based on user selected value from list box sql script take it as a parameter. When user click "Reload Button" sql script will be run.

Regards,

Masba

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

My requirement is that based on user selected value from list box sql script take it as a parameter. When user click "Reload Button" sql script will be run.

whiteline
Master II
Master II

You can use variable to store the selected value and then use it in the script.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Whiteline,

Thanks for your reply. Can u give one example with Code that will be helpful for me as a new qlikview developer.

Regards

Masba

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

You can use variable to store the statement that you want to use in the script. You have to set it up with a trigger otherwise the entire expression is stored. See the example.

You can consider to use "partial reload" to replace the SQL table only if it's possible instead of realoading full data model.

Look at qlikview help.