Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olivetwist
Creator
Creator

Read XML from files on SharePoint list

I have an Infopath for that stores to SharePoint. Something is corrupt in the form and occasionally the last line of XML code has invalid characters. I have a script that loops through each file and reads the code and if the invalid characters are found it flags the file and stores the filename and section of code into a table so I can open and correct it. For this to work, I have to open the SharePoint site before reloading. If I don't open it in Explorer it can't find the file location and skips that part of the script. As a work around, I used VBA code to force an Explorer window to open prior to reload.The issue I run into is that this sometimes hangs up due to Security levels. The "Allow Macros" pop up appears. If I am not in front of our scheduler while it is reloading i will not see the pop up and it will then hang and and cause delays in our process. Does anyone know a better way to do this?

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Maybe you could use a batch instead of a macro to open the explorer maybe triggerred per EXECUTE statement within the qlikview-load.

WindowsXP: Datei Explorer per Batch aufrufen

- Marcus

olivetwist
Creator
Creator
Author

Yep, that will do it. Sometimes I try to be too fancy instead of going with a simple solution.