Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Recipe for a Pareto Analysis

Hi All

I try to duplicate the HIC post on the above mentioned :-

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog

I am not able :-

1. Make the chart Bar show yellow color when it is less then 80%

2. How to plot a blue line at 80%.

3. How to sort the sales column.

Enclosed my QV doc

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The changes I did to your document were:

Set the sort order - Sort by expression. (picture shows status after change)

Image4.png

Turn off the accumulation of "Inclusive Percentage" and turn off "Relative". (picture shows status before change)

Image6.png

Enable the Exclusive percentage (picture shows status before change)

Image8.png

HIC

View solution in original post

13 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You had missed to sort the bars by expression.

HIC

Image2.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi HIC

Thank you for your reply to my post. i must said all your blog post very are very interesting , and i like this one , because you make the chart display all the impt info.

The QV doc you send me is not sort as per your upload image , can you kindly help me to send the correct qv doc again pls. as i still unable to sort the bar chart. now bar chart look like below:-

bar not sort.png

Paul

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The changes I did to your document were:

Set the sort order - Sort by expression. (picture shows status after change)

Image4.png

Turn off the accumulation of "Inclusive Percentage" and turn off "Relative". (picture shows status before change)

Image6.png

Enable the Exclusive percentage (picture shows status before change)

Image8.png

HIC

Not applicable
Author

HIC

clever help me , found the bug of using row for accumulated sales , no wonder i keep trying and not able to get what i want. i will try to avoid

http://community.qlik.com/thread/101485

Not applicable
Author

Hi HIC

I have try your pointer with 3 image, i still not able to get it right.

From you first reply , the image you post show the chart working fine ,  it is possible for you to send me the QV doc which is working. ( Previously the one you send is not working ).

Paul

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here you are. /HIC

Not applicable
Author

Thank HIC

This is the same one which you send last time. Funny below image is what i see when i open your QV doc send to me , are you seeing the same image ? if yes , may i know why you post one image during your first reply , you image the sales bar is sort from hi to lo. where mine is not.

Paulwhat i see.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi HIC

I am very sorry to keep asking you again.

As I am still confuse. Hope you can enlighten me on this . when you first reply me my post , you post a image below , which is what i am looking for. But then when you give me the QV doc i keep getting sales bar is not sort in hi to lo. and you told me i miss out sort in expression sum(sales).

I told you after add sum(sales) , i still not able make the chart as below , again you give me 3 screen shot , and i try still unable to make it .

So i just like to know it is due to QV ver i am using 9 and you are using ver 11 , and the buy for ver 11 is already clear on when using row to cal the sales contribution ? But then i the blog post you make a comment , sales contribution cal on the fly is not possible for dynamic diamension. Hope you can clear my doubt. Any many thank for your contribution in many nice article.

hic image.png

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I don't know why you don't see the same graph. When I download the "QV_Template ver079 hic.qvw" above (from this thread) and open it in QlikView 9, the graph looks perfect:

pareto.png

So I do not believe it has to do with the version.

What I mean with "calculating on the fly" is to be able to calculate the Pareto Class as a Calculated Dimension or as a Calculated Field in a List Box. I do not think this is possible.

HIC