Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmswetha
Creator
Creator

Refresh Time on charts while we change selections from list box

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to decrease a refresh time of charts on UI when we change selections in list box.

I have 6 million records and it takes much time to refresh, say 10-15 seconds for every selection made?

Is there way to decrease the time?

13 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Decrease the number of columns or make expressions more simply (if they are too complex)

In any case I use to diplay rows only when selections have been done, in condition display I add GetSelectedCount(myField)>0 in order to not to wait while I do selectionsl

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

I can think only of the long way - to hard-code the different possibilities in different diagrams, each with standard selections already  built in and with corresp. visibility_conditions. But that would be re-inventing the wheel in a way.

sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

U can improve the performance by following ways

1. Use Set analysis instead of if else condition

2. define the condition in backend script and use the flag of that in charts

3. Use Trigger while opening the conditions like current month,year always selected

kmswetha
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Every one,

Calculations are pretty simple, sum(filed_name) and just two expressions. Where as dimensions are around 8.

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

So the only thing is to disable loadind (with the condition as I said before) then load only once you selected the field

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

see attached pdf that pretty much includes all that you have been suggested so far plus many more

sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III

dimension are simple or calculated? if calculated list out please.

kmswetha
Creator
Creator
Author

Dimensions are pretty simple.No calculations.

kmswetha
Creator
Creator
Author

Should I put this in dimension? If not where should I put it?Its a pivot chart