Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload Document on Demand from Web / Recargar bajo demanda Documento por Web

Good morning.

The desired goal is to reload a document from the same Web site (AccessPoint) you are viewing the document in user demand.

I tried to include a button that runs a macro that has these lines, but only works when opened from the Windows client, but not from Web:

sub recharge

ActiveDocument.reload

ActiveDocument.Save

End sub

Another option I've tried has been to put a button to launch an external application and that this is an external application .Bat with the following, works with the Windows client, but with the Web client does not work:

C: \ "Program Files" \ QlikView \ Qv.exe / r / NoSecurity C: \ DocumentosPublicados \ PruebaRecarga.qvw

QVS I activated both allow you to run macros as unsafe macros.

hope your comments and help.

Thank you very much.

A greeting.

PD: pardon my english.

Buenos días.

El objetivo deseado es poder recargar un documento desde el mismo portal Web (AccessPoint) que se está viendo el documento bajo demanda del usuario.

He probado a incluir un botón que ejecute una macro que tenga estas lineas, pero solo funciona cuando se abre desde el cliente Windows, pero no desde Web:

Sub recargar

ActiveDocument.reload

ActiveDocument.Save

End sub

Otra opción que he probado ha sido poner un botón que lance una aplicacion externa y que esa aplicación externa sea un .bat con el texto siguiente, funciona con el cliente Windows, pero con el cliente Web no funciona:

C:\"Program Files"\QlikView\Qv.exe /r /NoSecurity C:\DocumentosPublicados\PruebaRecarga.qvw

He activado en QVS tanto permitir ejecutar Macros como las Macros no Seguras.

Espero vuestros comentarios y ayuda.

Muchas gracias.

Un saludo.

3 Replies
gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator

Does anyone have any suggestions on this? I am experiencing the same problem with a Reload button on a document I have.

Thanks!

Grant Smith

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

See EDX.  this post is very helpful:

Qlikview 11 EDX

pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello Grant,

Michael's suggestion is a great way to launch a reload of a QlikView document from an external system or process.

Let's say you have a process refreshing your data store at a certain point in time during the night and wish to have your QlikView documents refreshed once that is done, you can add a call from your external system or process to the QlikView server upon successful completion of the primary task.

This feature should be used wisely though.

If you connect a call to the EDX API to a button that can be pressed by any user of your dashboard, and you have 100 users that press it during a short period of time, you can expect quite a mess on your server! All the reload requests will be queued in and will keep refreshing the document until the timeouts have been reached!

Hope this helps, regards,

Philippe