Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Remove Data from a database table?

Hi!

I have a QlikView Document, who get its data from the database. Now I want to create a list box, where i choose a table from the database. But in this list box i only want to have a few data from this table - not all. I tryed importing the whole table to Excel, remove the data which is not relevant, saved the excel file and load it up in QlikView. After I created a list box with this table (I created), I can choose data but they are not in connection to the data in the database.

So, here's my question again - is it possible to create a list box with data from the database - but only with the data i need - or better - to modify the list box and sort out whats relevant or not?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In the new list box dialogue box you can select in filed option as expression and

then you can show ONLY the relevant data you needed according to condition inthe expression .

Rahul

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I think u can use expression in the list box to reduce the data in the list box.

Hope this will help you.

Rahul

Not applicable
Author

What you mean by expressions? The search function?
Is there no way to show ONLY the relevant data i needed?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In the new list box dialogue box you can select in filed option as expression and

then you can show ONLY the relevant data you needed according to condition inthe expression .

Rahul

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Let's say you have a field CompanyName in your database you want to use. Let's say you only want to display in a listbox those who start with "AA-". You can create a new object in the sheet, and in the Field option under General tab, click on the dropdown menu and select "Expression". A new dialog will be opened, and now write

IF(LEFT(CompanyName, 2) = 'AA-', CompanyName)
You will get now in that listbox only those companies starting with 'AA-'.

Not applicable
Author

Ok, now i got it - but not really ...

What you mean with (....., 2) ? why the 2?

In my table named contract_partner i will only show the partner, which beginning with RTS.

So i tried:

IF(LEFT(contract_partner, 2) = 'RTS'. contract_partner)

but now, nothing shows up 😞

Please help and thanks for the replies!

Not applicable
Author

No help?

Not applicable
Author

Shouldn't it be IF(LEFT(contract_partner, 3) = 'RTS'. contract_partner)

2 looks at only two chars not three. So change it to 3 or change rts to rt

Not applicable
Author

Thank for your help guys!

Its working now!