Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fgirardin
Creator
Creator

Remove ROW if it contains specific value

Hello,

I'm working on a table that shows all item that we haven't shipped yet

I use the following expression

=Sum({$ <DOCUMENT_CODE={"BL"}>} PRICE/QTY_SOLD*QTY_NOT_SHIPPED)

I check all my shipping documents (BL) and compare Qty of ITEM Sold against Qty of ITEMS waiting to be shipped

It allows me to find orders that are not fulfilled yet (either in full or partially)

qv555.PNG

As you can see, we often have items with a price of 0.00 (repair under warranty, ...)

It works fine except for 1 minor issue. When sales persons add a discount, they use a specific item to do so.

This specific item keeps filling my reports as it's never removed (sold) and I can't have a clear view of my unfulfilled items

qv556.PNG

Is there a way to hide Rows containing specific value(s) ??

In my report, the elements I wish to hide have several descriptions, positions

Thank you for your help

Have  nice day

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Fabien,

generally yes, you do - but you will have to implement the criteria for the >>rows you do not want to show << into your dimension - you can make a flag_field in the script combining all the criteria for >>rows you do not want to show<< and use that as a second dimension and build an IF_clause into that second dimension.

There is also the possibility to add formulas on the "presentation" tab, but I'm not sure whether that works for arbitrary rows ... just give it a try.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

how is the specific item specified ?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Fabien,

generally yes, you do - but you will have to implement the criteria for the >>rows you do not want to show << into your dimension - you can make a flag_field in the script combining all the criteria for >>rows you do not want to show<< and use that as a second dimension and build an IF_clause into that second dimension.

There is also the possibility to add formulas on the "presentation" tab, but I'm not sure whether that works for arbitrary rows ... just give it a try.

fgirardin
Creator
Creator
Author

It's items from our ERP (don't know why they decided to use actual item for that purpose but I'm only the IT guy, I don't ask questions ^^)

Item N° that I'd like to remove from the table are

"Rabais final prix"

.  (yes they use a dot as an item in our ERP.....)

The most commonly used item is "Rabais final prix" wich has always the same line position on our invoice: 8810

If I could remove this one at least, it would help a lot

I tried some "IF" conditions but it slows everything down (it's still manageable though)

Thank you for your help

fgirardin
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Friedrich,

thanks for your ideas.
I'll try to add some kind of flags and see what I can do from there.

fgirardin
Creator
Creator
Author

I created a flag field with specific IF conditions for each Item I don't want to see then filtered this field and it works great.

Thank you