Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Restrict access to one sheet

Hi

I have seven sheets in my doc and I want sheet 7 only to be password protected when it is opened. The password would be a single password.

Thanks

30 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You could create a variable for the password. Put an Input Box on the starting sheet that shows the password variable. The user inputs the password to the variable and your Layout conditions for other sheets check the Password value.

Not applicable
Author

do you have an example of this i could follow pls

Colin-Albert

Have you considered using Section Access

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-1853

Not applicable
Author

Screen will open with just input for Password.

If you enter the value "Password" as the password another sheet will become visible.

Not applicable
Author

Hi no i havent come across this.  Would this allow me to restrict just the one sheet

Not applicable
Author

Hi sorry Im not sure I follow this example. 

Do you have a step example

Not applicable
Author

When you open the application you will only see the main sheet. The main sheet has an input box for a variable which allows you to input a Password.

If you input the word "Password" for the password then another screen will become visible.

But if you input the word "QlikView" for the password then nothing will happen.

Not applicable
Author

Colin

Can this be used to restrict a single sheet as it is not clear if thats possible in the doc.

Colin-Albert

With Section Access you can set a different password for different users and then restrict each user to view a specific sheet based on the user name, or data by using data reduction.