Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wendytham
Contributor II
Contributor II

Rolling 12 months sales (in script)

Hi..

I have 2 questions here.

1. I would like to know how to create a new variable in the script for the below formula.

Market ratio:

(Number of jobs of current month x 12 months) / (total sales unit of last 12 months).

I wanted to exclude the job with part#=no_parts. I wonder why the below equation only workable in expressions of chart but not in the script. Please assist to check if the below formula is correct.

Count(DISTINCT {<Part# -= {'No_Parts'}>} Job#)*12/sum( aggr( rangesum( above( sum( [Sales Qty]),0,12) ),(Monthname,(NUMERIC, ASCENDING))))

2. If the Financial Year period is as below, and I would like to select the year by Financial Year, how to set it?

04/2016 to 03/2017 = FY2016

04/2017 to 03/2016 = FY2017

Please help me. Thank you.

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Expression seems Okay, Where you want to call with Variable initiating?

May be this for first one?

1) LET Variable = "=(Count(DISTINCT {<Part# -= {'No_Parts'}>} Job#)*12)/(Sum( aggr( rangesum( above( sum( [Sales Qty]),0,12) ),(Monthname,(NUMERIC, ASCENDING)))))";

Check that in Variable declaration to text box for a while and see, Whether returns or not

2) Fiscal Year

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
wendytham
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Anil,

Sorry, for the first 1, it doesn't work. Can you show me in qvw file?

Thanks.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I apologies doe to not helping with workfile due to i don't have installed software in my machine.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
wendytham
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It's okay. Anyway, thanks for your help.