Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Running in Web View - IE Script Error

Hi,

Im getting an 'script' error when running an map plug in.  The plug-in only works in 'Web View'.  The error im getting is :

Stop running this script?

A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly.

If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive.

My desktop is running IE8.  Also, I havent published this to the qlikview server yet.

I am trying to map a large dataset (unfortunately there is no way to reduce it).  Is there anyway of removing these 'script' messages from the app?

Many thanks,

Fiorano

5 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

How large is large?

Extensions work on the client side using Javascript and are usually not great at dealing with really large number rows.

If you're using google maps integration then you should look into using fusion tables as they're able to handle 100.000 rows at most.

You should really consider getting some consultancy help on this maps, it kinda seems you've been struggling with this subject for a while.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I'm fine (now at last!) with the implemenation of the extension.  The only drawback is the amount of data Im trying to map - can run into 100,000s.  The clustering element is a perfect solution - so I may have to have the map on a hidden tab and only make it available when a certain drill down level has been reached.

Would it run better once its opened through the server?

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

No, because extensions get resolved locally, so does the clustering/heatmap if you don't use fusion tables.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks - one last question if you dont mind.  what are Fusion tables?