Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SOLVED - painting stripes on the chart

Good morning,

I need to paint the chart attached as an example, in the example I used text boxes, but when the values ??of expression change and change the axes would not work, any tips?

Hugs

Gledson

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

There's no direct way to do this in a native QV object. One option is to create another object that is a stacked bar chart behind the first object and have the formula of the stacked bar chart be dynamic. It this exact format is your requirement and the customer will not except an alternative this is something you can try.

I know you're looking for a technical solution and not advice on graph design, but here are my two cents' worth on a graph design that would give you similar results. If your graph had to be a line graph then coloring the area would be a little more helpful then just having the reference lines, but if your dimension is not time,dates or another continuous value then you should actually use a bar graph to compare distinct values. This is because the slop of the line doesn't give you much information when the dimension is made of distinct values. In which case, you could keep the reference lines and color the bars according to which area they are in and the user can then visually group the bars that are in the same group and the reference line will show them by how much they are in the group. The bar colors would be darker (more urgent) to lighter (less urgent) shades of the same color and not red, yellow and green since you should consider some people are color blind.

Regards.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

There's no direct way to do this in a native QV object. One option is to create another object that is a stacked bar chart behind the first object and have the formula of the stacked bar chart be dynamic. It this exact format is your requirement and the customer will not except an alternative this is something you can try.

I know you're looking for a technical solution and not advice on graph design, but here are my two cents' worth on a graph design that would give you similar results. If your graph had to be a line graph then coloring the area would be a little more helpful then just having the reference lines, but if your dimension is not time,dates or another continuous value then you should actually use a bar graph to compare distinct values. This is because the slop of the line doesn't give you much information when the dimension is made of distinct values. In which case, you could keep the reference lines and color the bars according to which area they are in and the user can then visually group the bars that are in the same group and the reference line will show them by how much they are in the group. The bar colors would be darker (more urgent) to lighter (less urgent) shades of the same color and not red, yellow and green since you should consider some people are color blind.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Karl,

Thanks for your help. The idea of ??putting a bar graph index was brilliant, I had no spaces left and it worked perfectly, simply find the maximum and minimum, add about 15% and will be perfect. Just goes missing words EXCELLENCE, MARKETING and demanding, but tomorrow I speak with the client to see if I can leave without them. About their concerns about the design the customer wants so unfortunately it is part of the methodology.
I'll figure out how to find the maximum and minimum but I'll consider the topic as solved.

Thanks again.

Hugs

Gledson