Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markadavies
Contributor III
Contributor III

STORE to csv - quotes

I need to create a '|' separated csv file with each field value within quotes to allow upload to a central database.

My Store command creates the csv file, but the quotes that I have included with each value are written inside additional sets of quotes

For example, if I want to export a field value "ABC", the resultant csv file actually contains """ABC"""

Is there any way to prevent this happening without any further actions after my script has executed? (I don't want to use macros or have to process the file again in VB etc.)

I have tried to include a 'no quotes' parameter to my Store command to no avail

The STORE command I am using is similar to this

STORE MyTable INTO mycsvfile.csv (txt, delimiter is '|');

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have seen looking around many post the same issue since 2013 and I really feeling shocking that qlik has not declare an oficial solution. I have the same issue and this issue has generated several questioning around my company to prospect to migrate a qlik environment. Another developer is just working now in an PHP cron that solve the problem. Quotes 1, QLIK 0.

Regards

markadavies
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, as no solution was forthcoming I have now created the file within SSIS rather than QlikView. Originally I did not have SQL Server to be able to do this so was reliant on QlikView.

Very much get the impression that Qlik are not very interested in such matters unfortunately.