Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
microwin88x
Creator III
Creator III

Scatter Chart Map

Hello,

I have a Scatter Chart as a Map (see attached QVW).

Sin título.png

The thing is I need the following: I don't want to see all city bubbles on the first place. I need to show only the corresponding bubble for the user who logs in, by using function OsUser() where in my company I get UserXXX:

Sin título 2.png

Do you know how to do this? That when I open the app show only the bubble associated to my City?

Thanks!

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI,

Use section access to reduce the data according to the user login.

In this way only the cities will be shown to which user is associated to.

If you need sample , then please update the cities with the user names associated.

Will provide you the sample

Regards

Nitin

Anil_Babu_Samineni

1) Still Confused, Here what do you want. You have Total 571 City's. So while open the Doc what you want to Achieve?

2) So, If you adjust width and Height might be it will come and meantime, Here you are using same cities from different States. Then fix the Good fit then try might be it will come.

I am not sure..

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
microwin88x
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The thing is that I don't want to reduce all the data for a specific City. I need to show all the data for all users.

The only issue I need to solve is with the map. Let's say you're User005. Then when I open the app it should show only the bubble for User005, but still showing the all the data for the rest of the app...

stalwar1

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI ,

Please create a variable vUser as

=subfield(OSUser(),'\',2)

in the map expressions of latitude and longitude

add set analysis state ment as

{<User={$(=vUser)}>}

It will work

Nitin

rittermd
Master
Master

If you don't have too many users maybe you could use Set Analysis or a nested if in the measure for that map that would limit the city to the user.

You might also need to create an inline table with the userid and the city they can see in combination with the Set Analysis.

Not sure that will work.

microwin88x
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello, I tried that for a specific user (User005):

Longitude:

=SUM({<User={'User005'}>}round (256*pow(2,($(var_zoom)-1)))+( longitude  *((256*pow(2,$(var_zoom)))/360)) )

Latitude:

=SUM({<User={'User005'}>}((256*pow(2,($(var_zoom)-1)))+((0.5*log((1+(sin((latitude)*pi()/180)))/(1-(sin((latitude)*pi()/180)))))*((-256*pow(2,$(var_zoom)))/(2*pi())))))

But it doesn't work. Do you know what could it be?

I attach the QVW. Any idea? Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Its working,

The screen shot is from your sample app only.

Is this not what you require

Picture1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi micro win,

I know your post started in Jul/2016 and I'm here just starting to understand and learn how to plot geolocation

information on a map.  I downloaded your sample that you attached in your original post.  I have looked at this a few times now.  How did you get the map (in this case, India) to show up on your screen?  I think I can pretty much follow the code inside your QVW file but can't seem to find how you display the map.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also what was the purpose of the TextBox (TX01) which contains the Google URL?  Is it actually being used in your document?