cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EGilbert
Contributor III
Contributor III

Scenario Analysis

I am new to Qlikview and I am not sure if what I am hoping to do is possible but I wanted to ask.  I have a report that tracks demand for products from a number of locations around the world.  The report shows demand, capacity and utilization by site.  The bars are stacked by product.  I would like to be able to see what would happen to utilization if I move product from one location to another.

For example I would like to take 500 units of product X from Plant A to Plant B and see how utilization changes at each site.  

Is this something that is possible within Qlikview, to amend data and show different results?

Ideally I would like to have list boxes to select: product; Old Plant; New Plant; Amount

Thanks so much

2 Replies
Stoyan_Terziev
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello Gilbert,

You may want to take a look at the 'Slider' functionality in QlikView.

That's an object that can help you control a variable that you can add to your formulas.

Build your expressions like Sum(Demand)+vArtificalQty and see how a heatmap is chaning for example or how demand is redistributed as you move the slider on the front-end.

I hope that helps!

Kind regards,

S.T.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Edward, in addition to Stoyan's comment, I did a quick search, quite a few things already on Community, here is the link you can use to get the results back and have a look at the ones that are of interest, hopefully you can find something that will help decide on things.  This will include both QlikView and Qlik Sense, so if you do only want QlikView, be sure to check which product the post is associated with in that case...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&q...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.