Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richardouellett
Creator
Creator

Script Help: Calculated field from 6 timestamps?

I have 6 timestamp fields in the format of MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm named A, B, C, D, E, F associated with each record/row of a table and would like to create a new field “Order” that sorts these 6 time stamps  in order of sequence from earliest timestamp to latest.  For example, if they all occur in time sequence equivalent to alphabetical order the newly created field would be “ABCDEF”.  If however “C” had an earlier timestamp than “B” the created field would be “ACBDEF”.  Can you please assist and/or suggest a Qlik user group forum that I can post this question for feedback and/or assistance?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like this:

DATA:

LOAD

recno() as ID,

Timestamp(today() + RAND()) as A,

Timestamp(today() + RAND()) as B,

Timestamp(today() + RAND()) as C,

Timestamp(today() + RAND()) as D,

Timestamp(today() + RAND()) as E,

Timestamp(today() + RAND()) as F

AutoGenerate 10;

X:

CrossTable (Field, Time) LOAD * RESIDENT DATA;

LEFT JOIN (DATA)

LOAD

ID,

Concat(Field, '-',Time) as Order

Resident X

Group BY ID;

drop table X;

View solution in original post

12 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like this:

DATA:

LOAD

recno() as ID,

Timestamp(today() + RAND()) as A,

Timestamp(today() + RAND()) as B,

Timestamp(today() + RAND()) as C,

Timestamp(today() + RAND()) as D,

Timestamp(today() + RAND()) as E,

Timestamp(today() + RAND()) as F

AutoGenerate 10;

X:

CrossTable (Field, Time) LOAD * RESIDENT DATA;

LEFT JOIN (DATA)

LOAD

ID,

Concat(Field, '-',Time) as Order

Resident X

Group BY ID;

drop table X;

richardouellett
Creator
Creator
Author

Swuehl

Thank you for the quick response.  A – F needs to be ranked from earliest date-stamp to latest timestamp as a  requirement.  As I indicated in the original post… For example, if they all occur in time sequence equivalent to alphabetical order the newly created field would be “ABCDEF”.  If however “C” had an earlier timestamp than “B” the created field would be “ACBDEF”.

Best

Rick

swuehl
MVP
MVP

So what's wrong with my Order field, running the script above?

sunny_talwar

Have you checked the output from swuehl‌ script? It is exactly doing what you asked for I believe:

Capture.PNG

sunny_talwar

You are amazing man... Kudos to your knowledge of QlikView

richardouellett
Creator
Creator
Author

Swuehl

Yes I ran the script with results below.  The time stamps need to be ordered in sequence. so there is a step missing.  For example the 1st row should be ABECFD and not ACEDFB.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Use a table box or sort all list boxes by load order or ID. You are not looking at values related to the same record.

richardouellett
Creator
Creator
Author

The "Ordered" field needs to be created within the script for each record.  Each record contains 6 timestamps.  The sequence of the 6 timestamps need to be sorted from earliest to latest time stamp and used to create the "Ordered" field.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I think swuehl's answer is correct and you are viewing the data incorrectly. You can't line up a set of listboxes and assume row relationships between them. Look at your data in a tablebox as suggested and see if you get the correct result.

-Rob