Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Search for Max Date

I'm trying to create a bookmark that includes the max date selection in the following ListBox, but no matter how many different ways I do it, it never seems to work. I must be missing something obvious. Any ideas?

2015-06-12_145830.jpg

(Yes, the actual field name has the underscore.)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

OMG.

Seems to me like QV is inconsistently  handling advanced search expressions when creating a bookmark.

In the defect database, they were talking about entering a different search mode when the formula returns only a single value, and that it's working as designed.

I don't think anyone ouside QV development understands this (especially  when the current selection box is actually displaying the search before saving a bookmark).

I've tested with an older version of 11.20, storing the advanced search in a bookmark worked out of the box.

In 11.20 SR11, you'll need to enable the easter egg mentioned in this thread.

Though it's also mentioning that there might be side effects from other defects (haven't checked all these defect numbers for content).

View solution in original post

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you tried with the total qualifier?

=Max({1} TOTAL Record_Date)

Since you don't want to see the max per Record_Date (which would be the date itself), but the max of the TOTAL list.

edit: I've overseen that this will also return all field values, try

=Record_Date = Max({1} TOTAL Record_Date)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yep, this is what I ended up as well. However, when I save this search as a bookmark, it saves the current value rather than the actual search string. So tomorrow, the 16th, the bookmark will still be selecting the 15th.

=Record_Date = Max({1} TOTAL Record_Date)

MarcoWedel

interesting. These threads suggest that it should be possible:

The Search String

Re: Bookmark based on complex queries

I couldn't reproduce it either.

regards

Marco

swuehl
MVP
MVP

OMG.

Seems to me like QV is inconsistently  handling advanced search expressions when creating a bookmark.

In the defect database, they were talking about entering a different search mode when the formula returns only a single value, and that it's working as designed.

I don't think anyone ouside QV development understands this (especially  when the current selection box is actually displaying the search before saving a bookmark).

I've tested with an older version of 11.20, storing the advanced search in a bookmark worked out of the box.

In 11.20 SR11, you'll need to enable the easter egg mentioned in this thread.

Though it's also mentioning that there might be side effects from other defects (haven't checked all these defect numbers for content).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, we are still at SR7. Sounds like we'll need to get upgraded. Thanks for your help with this.