Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Acces Not working In Ajax View

I am trying to publish a dashboard with section access , the publish is successful ,

but section access is working in Ajax view some computers and not In some.

Need Some help on this.

4 Replies
agilos_mla
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

It's not a problem with Ajax but more sthg to do with the authentication.

Do you check the strict exclusion in the document properties to ensure user that are not in SA are not authorized? What is the setup of the section access? Do you user User/Groups for authorizations?

Can you provide a short sample?

Michael

Not applicable
Author

-----------------------------------------------------------------code starts-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Section Access;
LOAD
    upper( ACCESS) as ACCESS,
    Upper( NTNAME) as NTNAME

FROM
[..\..\QVD\Credentials.qvd]
(qvd);

Section Application;  

UserNames:
Load
Upper(NTNAME)as NTNAME,   
USER_NAME,
A, //A , B , C are sheet name these fields will contain value either 0,1 and 
B, //and i am using these fields to either hide or show those sheets  
C    

FROM
[..\..\QVD\Credentials.qvd]
(qvd);

-------------------------------------------------------------------code ends-----------------------------------------------------------------

There are several problems I am facing:

1> If I put initial reduction based on selection access : the publisher distribute task works fine but , when I try to access from some other credential , shows me servers NTNAME in the table

2> RIght now I am doing initial selection based on section access , where I am having problem of it working with some computers and not working with others.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I maybe a little too cautious, but it doesn't look like a good idea to use system field (in this case NTNAME) for data reduction.  I always create a separate field for this purpose.  For example, use the same NTNAME data, but in a separate field:

Section Access;
LOAD
    upper( ACCESS) as ACCESS,
    Upper( NTNAME) as NTNAME

Upper( NTNAME) as REDUCTIONFIELD

Section Application;  

UserNames:
Load
Upper(NTNAME) as REDUCTIONFIELD,   

(No I don't think it will fix the problem)

Regards,

Michael

wernerprovelu
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I experienced that when I saved the document with section access, section access didn't work.

But when I saved the document and after that I updated the document via the reload schedule (QMC), section access did work.

Hope that helps you

Regards,

Werner