Skip to main content
Announcements
NEW: Seamless Public Data Sharing with Qlik's New Anonymous Access Capability: TELL ME MORE!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access Issue with Access Pointe

I am using Section Access to limit data that a user can see.  I have two data reduction fields that work fine.  However, when I add the third I cannot open the file in teh Access Point, but can still open it fine in the client application.  The third field differes in a couple of ways.  The other SA fields link to fields from tables loaded through QVD.  This 3rd field links to an inline table.  I am also using this 3rd field to hide a sheet instead of limiting data overall.  The code is below.  The highlighted piece code is the problem child.  I have tried a million variations on using different values, file types, etc.  Is there a limit to the number of fields that I can use?  Also, the file will work if I don't have strict exclusion checked.  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

SECTION ACCESS;

STAR IS *;

LOAD

UPPER(ACCESS)                 AS ACCESS,

UPPER(NTNAME)                 AS NTNAME,

TRIM(UPPER(ACCT_MNGR)) AS SECURITY_ACCOUNT_MANAGER,

TRIM(UPPER(REPORTING_SITE))   AS SECURITY_REPORTING_SITE,

TRIM(UPPER(TAB_PROFIT)) AS SECURITY_PROFITABILITY_SHEET

FROM

$(vApp_ExternalDataExtractPath)\AD Security Layout.xlsx (OOXML, EMBEDDED LABELS, TABLE IS [INDUSTRIAL]);

SECTION APPLICATION;

//Used to help hide the profitability tab

Security_ProfitabilitySheet:

LOAD * INLINE

[

SECURITY_PROFITABILITY_SHEET, Profitability_Sheet_Flag

"HIDE", 0

"SHOW", 1

];

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Heather,

When you said it worked on desktop but not through Access Point, I thought the problem was with the strict exclusion - and you confirmed it.  I think it is a bug.  Workaround - do not use strict exclusion.  To avoid unauthorized users to see all data, create dummy records avaialble for everyone, so they can open the application but don't see real data.

As far as I know, there is no limit for the reduction fields.  I experimented with a few dozens reduction fields.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the prompt response. I am moving on with an alternate solution because I need to have this done today.  But why would strict exclusion affect anything in this case?  There are only two values in the SA field and those same values are in the inline table.  Everyone should have at least one value in the table after opening and that table is not linked to any other table.  It just doesn't make sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When you have time, try to use initial selection instead of initial data reduction, just for testing.  Sometimes it shows very well what's going on.

Not applicable
Author

I tried that and it doesn't select anything from my inline table which seems to tell me that the values do not match, which would sort of explain why strict exclusion would go awry.  However, they do match.  I loaded them outside of seciton access in a clean doucment and they link just fine.  I guess it is a bug but I would really like to understand why this doesn't work.  Especially since other values see just fine.There has to be some other idiosyncracy with inline tables maybe or section access or both.

Thanks again!