Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Section Access

Hello All,

I am trying to implement a section access logic, also looking for a solution which should not impact the opening time of the application much.

Below is the scenario:

CountryCategorySales
AData1100
BData121
CData123
DData112
AData234
BData221
CData245
DData221

So, suppose when a user "Jyothish" logs in, he should have access to see Sales data for Country "A" and where category is "data 1" , but he should have access to see sales of all countries where Category is "Data2".

So output data should be like this, i mean the data he should be able to see:

CountryCategorySales
AData1100
AData234
BData221
CData245
DData221

Thanks in advance.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
12 Replies
Not applicable

Hello Jyothish,

I don't know if the impact is big or not but reader what you need you should use data reduction with two fields specifying the combinations of Country and Category that each user would be able to see.

section access - multi-field data reduction

Anonymous
Not applicable

avinashelite

try like this

in section application use the NTNAME and in the section application use only the Country column not the Category so that the data will get reduce according to the Country but not the catagory

SECTION ACCESS;

LOAD ACCESS,

NTNAME

from

table;

SECTION APPLICATION;

LOAD

NTNAME

Country;

Note the Country column should be in the same name as your data model

Hope this helps you

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

always use UPPER ( fieldname) in section access.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This may also help to do more complex access control:

Generic keys

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

HI,

Reading the requirements the above will help with the scripting the section access, but not for the access you are describing.

I reckon you will need to make a concatenate key between country and category and then give him the relvant access to right combinations.

Mark

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Avinash,

Thanks for your input. the solution you suggested a very generic one and it will work for only one country.

But in my case it a bit complicated.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Have a look at the below link.

Basics for complex authorization

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your suggestion, even i have done the same and its working for me.

But the challenge is it is effecting the opening time of the application.

Is there any easy way to do this, other than doing the concatenate key and other mappings.

In actual the scenario is very complex than what i have highlighted, there are multiple combinations.

Will applying the section access at publisher level will improve the performance of the application?

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC