Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section access issue

Hi I'm wondering if someone can help me , I'm trying to create a section access which restricts the data based on the account manager:

I'm using the following approach and after I reload save and reopen the application its not allowing me access, can anyone tell me where  am I going wrong  ?

Section Access;

LOAD
   'USER' as ACCESS,
    NTNAME,
    if( UPPER(OSUSER())='CLARANET/SARAH.ROBERTSON','SARAH ROBERTSON',''TEST' ) as ACCOUNT_MANAGER
FROM
[..\..\..\Master_Qlikview_Access.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1)
Where  [UK_Sales_Data_Dashboard]>0;

Section Application;

Account_Manager:

Load * Inline [

NO, ACCOUNT_MANAGER

1, SARAH ROBERTSON
2, SEAN LEIPER

];

Exit Script;

In the application under document properties, opening tab, I've selected - Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access and Strict exclusion

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I would uncomment the Section Access; to see how the data within the table look like and would also add at least one ADMIN user maybe in concatenating a small inline-table.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

8 Replies
avinashelite

does the NTNAME matching the system name your working ?? is its not matching then you will be not able to open the file

marcus_sommer

I would uncomment the Section Access; to see how the data within the table look like and would also add at least one ADMIN user maybe in concatenating a small inline-table.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Avinash,

Thanks for helping, yes I did a test on the section access without the data restriction selected and it allows me to access it . I think somehow with the data restriction its preventing me getting in somehow

avinashelite

try like this ...without data restriction login to dashboard and add a text object then try this expression

=OSUSER() this will give you the info about the OSUSER details ...based on the user name add the data accordingly and then you could test the app ...

Hope this helps you

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for suggestions , I've tried commenting out the section access to look at the data its applying the correct ACCOUNT_MANAGER  to the user, I've used the following script:

Section Access;

LOAD Capture.JPG
'USER'
as ACCESS,
NTNAME,
if(NTNAME='CLARANET\SARAH.ROBERTSON','SARAH ROBERTSON','AARON SMITH') as ACCOUNT_MANAGER
FROM
[..\..\..\Master_Qlikview_Access.xlsx]
(
ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1)

Section Application;

Account_Manager:

Load * Inline [

NO, ACCOUNT_MANAGER

1, SARAH ROBERTSON
2, SEAN LEIPER

]
;

Exit Script

after I reload and open the document im still getting this error message :

Not applicable
Author

yeah I've tried again its definitely something to do with the restricting selection based on section access. If I just use the section access I can access it no problem. any ideas ?

marcus_sommer

Here a few suggestions:

Star is *;

Section Access;

Access:

LOAD
   'USER' as ACCESS, upper(NTNAME) as NTNAME,
    replace(subfield(UPPER(NTNAME), '\', 2), '.', ' ') as ACCOUNT_MANAGER
FROM [..\..\..\Master_Qlikview_Access.xlsx] (ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1)

concatenate(Access)

Load * Inline [

ACCESS, NTNAME, ACCOUNT_MANAGER

ADMIN, CLARANET/SARAH.ROBERTSON, *

];

Section Application;

Account_Manager:

Load * Inline [

NO, ACCOUNT_MANAGER

1, SARAH ROBERTSON
2, SEAN LEIPER

];

Exit Script;

As ADMIN you should take your user for server-services and some of of your developer-users.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Oh it seems to have worked !! thanks guys