Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anguila
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Select field as 'Nothing' or select 'Anything'

Hi,

I have a button that selects customers with certain threshold of bill, so when this button is clicked exclodes customers than doesnt reach that point or in a clear way, select all possible customers with requeriment.

But what happens if I select 1 customer that i know for sure thant doesnt reach the threshold? The idea would be ok, so select "Nothing" because there is no posible customers with that selections.

There is a way to achieve that behaviour? Can I select "Nothing" as selector value?

Thanks!

David.

3 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

If you mean that when you select Nothing all associated data become excluded, I guess you cann't.

But you can always add a fake customer 'Nothing' that is not associated with any data except his table.

Then you can just select it.

anguila
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I already thought that Idea of the fake customer, but will appear that fake customer in the selectors lists.

There is a way to hide a certain selector?

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Yes, two possible solutions:

1) Create a table with two fields Customer and corresponding HiddenCustomer (one row for each with equal values).

Then add a row where Customer=null() and HiddenCustomer='Nothing'.

Then use first in lists and second for selection.

Bu the user will see the HiddenCustomer field in Current selections.

2)  Use expression for listboxes to hide 'Nothing' from visible:

=aggr(if(Customer<>'Nothing', Customer, null()), Customer)