cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hariprasath2394
Partner - Contributor III

Selecting a particular field in the table not working

Hi @sunny_talwar . I have a new problem now. I have given the Customer number, Customer name and the year in the dimension and written the expression =sum({<FISCAL_YEAR={2020}, Customer_Name=e({<FISCAL_YEAR={2019, 2018}>})>}Orders). Please find the below screenshot. This table is showing me the Order value of customers only in the year 2020 but not in 2019 or 2018.

Hariprasath2394_1-1601554341902.png

If I select a particular customer, it should show only that one customer's value right? For example, if I select the second customer 'IGET Industre', the table should show me only the order value of that specific customer. Instead, if I select that customer, the table gives me the list of all 2020 customers. If you see the below screenshot, the table is showing Order total value for all the 2020 customers when only one customer is selected. You have any idea why? Can you please help me? 

Hariprasath2394_2-1601554513066.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

@Hariprasath2394 Try this

=Sum({<FISCAL_YEAR={2020}, Customer_Name *= e({<FISCAL_YEAR={2019, 2018}>})>} Orders

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@Hariprasath2394  what is expectation? 

sunny_talwar

@Hariprasath2394 Try this

=Sum({<FISCAL_YEAR={2020}, Customer_Name *= e({<FISCAL_YEAR={2019, 2018}>})>} Orders

Hariprasath2394
Author

Hi @Kushal_Chawda . My expectation is if I select a particular customer, it should show only that customer in the table. But in my case, it is not happening like that.

I need to see only 'IGET Industre' when I select it but not the entire table.

sunny_talwar

@Hariprasath2394 did you get a chance to try the expression I provided above?

Kushal_Chawda

@Hariprasath2394  then what sunny suggested should work

jud1yian
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same problem. Have tried a variety of things upsers. Thanks!

Hariprasath2394
Author

Hi @sunny_talwar it worked perfectly as I expected.😃 Sorry for the late reply. I had internet issues for the past three days. What does the expression *= mean? Just including a * changed the selecting option. Thanks a lot for your guidance.

Hariprasath2394
Author

Try what @sunny_talwar gave as a solution. It worked perfect for me.