Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selection against Associative Technology

Hi All,

I am stuck with one requirement from customer and need help. Detail below.

I have data like this -

Data
ClientProd lvl1Prod Lvl2Prod Lvl3Prod Lvl4wallet
1ABCD1.8
1ABC 2.3
1AB 3
1A 2
1PQRS10
1PQR 4
1PQ 6
1P 5

Now I want to display data into table based on selection - yellow color from list box. Like this

List BoxList BoxList BoxList Box
Prod lvl1Prod Lvl2Prod Lvl3Prod Lvl4
ABCD
PQRS

Final Straight Table Need -
1ABCD1.8
1PQR 4

Note that Prod Lvl4 = "D" belongs to Prod hierarchy "A" & Prod Lvl3 = "R" belongs to different prod hierarchy "P".

Any help on expression side using "if else" OR "set analysis" or anything would be great help. I am trying to use Data Island concept but might my script is not giving right answer. thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

1. Those are completely arbitrary selections to me. I don't think there's any logical way to implement that.

2. Change the variable to

=

if(

len(GetCurrentSelections('','','',6,'ProdLvl1')) or

len(GetCurrentSelections('','','',6,'ProdLvl2')) or

len(GetCurrentSelections('','','',6,'ProdLvl3')) or

len(GetCurrentSelections('','','',6,'ProdLvl4'))

if(GetSelectedCount([Prod lvl1],0,'ProdLvl1'),'ProdLvl1','Dummy') & '+' &

if(GetSelectedCount([Prod Lvl2],0,'ProdLvl2'),'ProdLvl2','Dummy') & '+' &

if(GetSelectedCount([Prod Lvl3],0,'ProdLvl3'),'ProdLvl3','Dummy') & '+' &

if(GetSelectedCount([Prod Lvl4],0,'ProdLvl4'),'ProdLvl4','Dummy')

,'$')

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You'll need to use alternate states because without those when you select D in the listbox for Prod Lvl4 then the value R will be excluded in the listbox for Prod Lvl3.

Create two alternates states on the General tab of the Document Properties window. Then assign the alternate states to the listboxes on the General tab of the listbox properties windows. Then you can use the alternates states in a set analysis expressions in a straight table with Client, Prod lvl1, Prod Lvl2, Prod Lvl3, and Prod Lvl4 as dimensions and as expression sum({AltState1+AltState2}wallet)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert for your response.

I tried you suggestion but still I am not getting 2 rows of data. I need 1 row for "D" and another row for "R". Infact now I am not able to filter my straight table based on selection on list box Prod Lvl3 & Prod Lvl4 which has different alternate state.

I just want to show values in individual row using only(wallet). Please suggest if I miss anything.

thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

I have attached QV file for your reference. Please see and let me know what is missing here so that I am not able to select products from two different hierarchy using alternate states.

thank you.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply again.

Two things still pending to achieve here-

1. If I select any prod say "B" my grid should give me only one row which has value 3 and if I select "R", my grid should show another row having value "4". Show finally I have two rows in grid for two production selection from different hierarchy. I need data shown in yellow color in grid.

requirement.JPG

2. If I don't selection any product filters. I want all data to be present in the grid/table.

Hope you got my requirement and thank you again for putting your time and help.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

1. Those are completely arbitrary selections to me. I don't think there's any logical way to implement that.

2. Change the variable to

=

if(

len(GetCurrentSelections('','','',6,'ProdLvl1')) or

len(GetCurrentSelections('','','',6,'ProdLvl2')) or

len(GetCurrentSelections('','','',6,'ProdLvl3')) or

len(GetCurrentSelections('','','',6,'ProdLvl4'))

if(GetSelectedCount([Prod lvl1],0,'ProdLvl1'),'ProdLvl1','Dummy') & '+' &

if(GetSelectedCount([Prod Lvl2],0,'ProdLvl2'),'ProdLvl2','Dummy') & '+' &

if(GetSelectedCount([Prod Lvl3],0,'ProdLvl3'),'ProdLvl3','Dummy') & '+' &

if(GetSelectedCount([Prod Lvl4],0,'ProdLvl4'),'ProdLvl4','Dummy')

,'$')

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert,

I know whatever I did was not good practice but achieved my output using following code -

if(GetSelectedCount(Level_1,0,'Prod1')=0 and GetSelectedCount(LEVEL_2,0,'Prod2')=0 and GetSelectedCount(LEVEL_3,0,'Prod3')=0,only(WLLT_SZ_MN),
if(
purgechar(if(GetSelectedCount(Level_1,0,'Prod1')<>0 and IsNull(LEVEL_2) and IsNull(LEVEL_3) and IsNull(LEVEL_4), only({<Level_1={$(=vL1)} >}WLLT_SZ_MN))
& '+' &
if(GetSelectedCount(LEVEL_2,0,'Prod2')<>0 and IsNull(LEVEL_3) and IsNull(LEVEL_4), only({<LEVEL_2={$(=vL2)} >}WLLT_SZ_MN))
& '+' &
if(GetSelectedCount(LEVEL_3,0,'Prod3')<>0 and IsNull(LEVEL_4), only({<LEVEL_3={$(=vL3)} >}WLLT_SZ_MN)),
'++')
>0,
(
purgechar(if(GetSelectedCount(Level_1,0,'Prod1')<>0 and IsNull(LEVEL_2) and IsNull(LEVEL_3) and IsNull(LEVEL_4), only({<Level_1={$(=vL1)} >}WLLT_SZ_MN))
& '+' &
if(GetSelectedCount(LEVEL_2,0,'Prod2')<>0 and IsNull(LEVEL_3) and IsNull(LEVEL_4), only({<LEVEL_2={$(=vL2)} >}WLLT_SZ_MN))
& '+' &
if(GetSelectedCount(LEVEL_3,0,'Prod3')<>0 and IsNull(LEVEL_4), only({<LEVEL_3={$(=vL3)} >}WLLT_SZ_MN)),
'++')
))
)

But anyways thanks alot for putting your light on what ways this can be doable (Alternate States).

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

One help needed, can you tell me how to get associated data as well.

Ex-

If I select lowest level "S" and then if I select one level above "R". I am getting two record - One for "S" value & other for "R" value. I want if same hierarchy data, then show only lowest value . Here I should have got only Record having wallet 10.

same example again-

If I select lowest level "R" and then if I select one level above "Q". I am getting two record - One for "R" value & other for "Q" value. I want if same hierarchy data selected, then show only lowest value . Here I should have got only Record having wallet 4.

Thank you again for your help