Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selection in one field, selects automatically another selection in another field

I have two fields which have two options each.  I want that a certain selection in the first field, will select automatically a specific selection in the other field.

For example:

Field 1 options: 'To Keep / To Drop

Field 2 options: Orders / Returns

If the user presses 'To Keep' , field 2 gets 'Orders' and if the user presses 'To Drop' , field 2 gets 'Returns'

Thank you very much,

Gili

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Open the Document Properties window, go to the Triggers tab. Then select your Field 1. Click on the Add Action(s) button under the OnSelect option. Add a Select in Field action. Use Field 2 for the Field setting and as Search string the expression: =If(Only([Field 1]) = 'To Keep', 'Orders', If(Only([Field 1])='To Drop', 'Returns')). Replace [Field 1] with the case sensitive field name of your real field 1.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you share your qvw file, so we can suggest a solution ?

Thx

Not applicable
Author

I'm sorry, I cant..

Is there anything you didnt understand? I'll explain again.

Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Open the Document Properties window, go to the Triggers tab. Then select your Field 1. Click on the Add Action(s) button under the OnSelect option. Add a Select in Field action. Use Field 2 for the Field setting and as Search string the expression: =If(Only([Field 1]) = 'To Keep', 'Orders', If(Only([Field 1])='To Drop', 'Returns')). Replace [Field 1] with the case sensitive field name of your real field 1.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much!!