Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selections in QV

I want to build the functionality of linking selections in QV by default. Will explain with an example...

I have data from two systems -A and B. When System A is selected, i want 2 parameters X and Y (two hierarchies) to automatically be highlighted at the most granular level. Parameter X has values 0-9, i want 9 to be selected automatically(and the user should have the option of changing it to any other value - from 0-9 of course); Parameter Y also has values from 0-9 except here - i want the default value to be 3 and the user should have an option of choosing a value from 1-3; all the other options should be faded out as soon as user selects System A.

Can that be done?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The only part is not clear here is the meaning of "System A is selected".  Assuming, just as an example, it means "selection in field A".  You can assign triggers to this event - see Document Properties -> Triggers.  Find filed A.  Find "On Select" for the field A, and add Actions:
select in field X value 9

select in field Y value 3

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The only part is not clear here is the meaning of "System A is selected".  Assuming, just as an example, it means "selection in field A".  You can assign triggers to this event - see Document Properties -> Triggers.  Find filed A.  Find "On Select" for the field A, and add Actions:
select in field X value 9

select in field Y value 3

Regards,

Michael