Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SendToExcel and DialogPrint macros not working on server

I created two macros, one for SendToExcel and one for DialogPrint and added them as actions to text objects. They work very well when on the desktop client. However, when in web view or on the server, they do not work at all. Why is this happening? Is it because they are unsafe macros? What makes a macro unsafe?

Is there any way to achieve the same result of using buttons for SendToExcel or DialogPrint without using macros?

12 Replies
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Rachael, see the picture attached, you have to download in the acces point.

every user that will be export and use the macro you create, will have to install local the ie plugin

tell me if you need something

Fernando

Not applicable
Author

Fernando,

I downloaded and installed the plugin but somehow it doesn't seem to have connected to my Internet Explorer. I don't see it in my add-ons when I go into my IE settings. Do you know if this has something to do with system administrator rights on my computer? I am trying to get this to work on my work computer so I might not have full system administrator rights.

Also, how do you know when you have the plugin properly installed? You said you could tell by looking at my browser window? Will an icon show up somewhere?

Thanks for answering my many questions!

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Dear Rachael

see the image attached, when you acces to the acces point, there will be an option to enter to the web document via internet explorer plugin.

do you install local in your pc? do you have admin permiss? try "run as administrator" the iexplorer installer

tell me if you need something