Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis Date Ranges

Hello all,

I face the following issue in my application.

I have to calculate Exit count for HR report

I use the formula

sum({<Date={">=$(vMinDate)<=$(vMaxDate)"}>}Exit_Count)

I need to show the current month numbers for the current year and the previous year.

For example, if  2015 - 2016 (2016) and 2014 - 2015 (2015) are selected, then by default April numbers should be seen for both years.

If user selects, any other month, then accordingly month should change.

How to apply a filter of MaxMonth in set analysis in my expression above??

Thanks in advance,

Sheela

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Attached is the sample qvw and I my exact requirement for your reference.

I want the Attrition% for Current Month Current Year, Previous Month Previous Year.

Let me know if this is not clear.

Thanks,

Vidhya

nico_ilog
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Something like the attached?

Not applicable
Author

I want the current month numbers to be displayed by default, when the dashboard is opened.

If 2016 n 2015 are selected, I should see 2016 April and 2015 April numbers in CY and PY columns respectively.

Not applicable
Author

I have used the following expression.

num(sum({<Date={">=$(vMinDate)<=$(vMaxDate)"},FIN_YEAR_NO={"$(vMaxYear)"},FIN_MONTH_NO={"$(vMaxMonth)"}>}Exit_Count)/

((
sum({<FIN_YEAR_NO={"$(vMaxYear)"},FIN_MONTH_NO={"$(vMaxMonth)"}>}OpeningBalance)+

sum({<FIN_YEAR_NO={"$(vMaxYear)"},FIN_MONTH_NO={"$(vMaxMonth)"}>}ClosingBalance))/2),'##.#%')

If I select 2017 and 2016, I get "no data to display" for current year and for 2016 I get Mar numbers, which is ideally wrong.

I should get April for both 2017 and 2016

sunny_talwar

Where are you looking to get these numbers? Straight table or text box objects? Is the image in the doc file the number you would see when you select 2015 and 2016? I am not sure what exactly are you looking to do. Please elaborate

Not applicable
Author

I want these numbers to be displayed in Gauge object, style being digital display as seen in the screenshot.

If 2016 and 2015 are selected, numbers will be seen in the object. Let me know if this is clear

Not applicable
Author

Thanks all for your help.

I would like to close this thread, as my problem is solved now.

I had to change my variable to

max({<FIN_YEAR_NO={"$(vMaxYear)"}>}FIN_MONTH_NO)

in order to fix the issue

Rgds,

Vidhya