Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis: How to remove null values in a straight table

Hi People,

Currently i have a little problem concerning applying set analysis in my straight table.

The situation is as follows:

I use QV 8.5.

I create straight table.

I have 1 dimsension called "Collection".

I have multiple expressions like sum(SalesAmount) , sum(receipts) etc. However, 1 of my expressions contains set analysis as follows:

=

sum( {1} SalesAmount)

This expression must show the end user the total sales amount at whatever selection is chosen. It works fine.

Nevertheless, the straight table shows an enormous amount of white (null)-values when i use the chart to analyse data. Note that the dimension contains the following setting: suppress null-values.

When i deactivate the set analysis expression, the null-values are suppressed correctly. So my question is how to suppress the null-values in case of an set analysis expression.

Thanks for your help in advance!

3 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Since the {1} set says to ignore your selections, it will pretty much always return a value, even when the other columns are null. So I'm betting that changing the expression to something along these lines would fix the problem:

if(column(1) or column(2) or...,sum({1}SalesAmount))

Basically, it says to only calculate the sales amount if one of the other columns is already established.

Not applicable
Author

Ho John,

First of all, thank you for your reply. I've tried your solution for the problem. However, it doesn't seem to work. Have you tried it yourself yet? Maybe I haven't explained my question clear enough?

If you want me to make a sample app to make things clear then I'll do that. However, maybe you've more tips for me.

Regards,

Tjeerd

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

No, I hadn't tried it myself. But I have now, and it's working exactly like I expected. So perhaps I'm not understanding your problem still. Here's the example of what I THOUGHT your problem was, and my solution to that.