Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis Show Total Regardless Of Filter Selection

Hello,

Current 2010 Profit (based on any filter selection)

Sum({<Yr={'2010'}>}   Profit)

I want to calculate 2010 Profit IRREGARDLESS of current Channel filter selection.

Sum({<Yr={'2010'}, Channel=>}   Profit)

Question - Would my above coding do the trick (igore Channel filter selection)? 

Is there better way of writing this code basically ignore ANY filter selection, except for  Yr={'2010'} that I specified in the set analysis.

Your help is much appreciated!

4 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

sure if you do

Sum({1<Yr={'2010'}>}   Profit)

It will ignore all selections.

Not applicable
Author

I'm stuck on % of total.

In a bar chart, I have ProductGroup as dimension, and the following as expression.

Sum({<LOB={HOTEL,PKGHOTEL}>} TXN)

I would like to create another expression, which is calculating the total, IRREGARDLESS or ProductGroup.

Keep in mind, ProductGroup is the dimension slicer in this chart.  Is it possible to accomplish this?

Or do I have to create a separate chart to calculate the percentage?  If so, what would the set expression look like?

Your help is much appreciated!

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

The TOTAL qualifier is used to override dimensions. Use something like

Sum({<LOB={HOTEL,PKGHOTEL}>} TOTAL TXN)

You can also selectively override dimensions using TOTAL <dim1, dim2> where the dimension fields not inside the angle brackets are ignored

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

This worked for me, however, I'm wondering how to limit the dimensions (within the angle brackets) to set values? I am interested in a total, but with certain dimensional fields excluded. Thanks in advance for your help.