Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Set Analysis - "Does not equal"

Hi Everyone

This is just quick question. When I'm using set analysis in an expression to OMIT certain data, I am using the term "-=". Example: 

sum({$<TEAM -={'Sage','CRM','Technical','Network Serv','MRM','Pegasus','Project Management','Sharepoint','Navision','Project Management'}>}APPTime)

The expression works OK but the formula is underlined as if it's an error. It's a minor inconvenience if I'm trying to validate the rest of an expression, am I doing it the correct way or is there another way of doing it?

Thanks

Stuart

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Stuart

It is correct, but there is a bug in the syntax check. You could also write this as follows to avoid the problem:

sum({$<TEAM ={'*'} - {'Sage','CRM','Technical','Network Serv','MRM','Pegasus','Project Management','Sharepoint','Navision','Project Management'}>} APPTime)

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Stuart

It is correct, but there is a bug in the syntax check. You could also write this as follows to avoid the problem:

sum({$<TEAM ={'*'} - {'Sage','CRM','Technical','Network Serv','MRM','Pegasus','Project Management','Sharepoint','Navision','Project Management'}>} APPTime)

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks Jonathan much appreciated. Didn't realise set analysis could work like that!

Cheers

Stu

musketeers
Creator
Creator

Hi Stuart and Jonathan,

I have similar problem but in the Dimension.

I have to set Region as a dimension. But I want to exclude some of the regions.

So I am writing like this

=Only({<PROD_LEVEL-={'ABC'}>}region)

But in the multi box, I am not getting any value.

Please help me in this issue.

Thanks

Rajneesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

This works just fine, but what if the dimensions has NULL values on it? The {*} does not take it on notice at all.

Just was wondering why my figures were showing show odd things, but it was because of that.

I am trying to figure out now, how to get the null values included to the {*} value.

Cheers,

Niko